Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Keane <3 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who loves Keane? I do! What are your favourite songs on the album? Mine are Bend And Break and Everybody's Changing atm, but they are all ace!

ReputationRep:
    their songs are nice but nothing too exciting in my opinion
    they are just...nice

ReputationRep:
    I think they are great. I dont have the album yet but its my birthday in a few weeks so Im sure I could bend someones arm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    their songs are nice but nothing too exciting in my opinion
    they are just...nice
    Yeah, I agree.

ReputationRep:
    I asked who LOVES Keane, not who thinks they are OK-ISH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Yeah, I agree.
    Yeah me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Who loves Keane? I do! What are your favourite songs on the album? Mine are Bend And Break and Everybody's Changing atm, but they are all ace!
    They're shite in my opinion. A bit too nice, and whiney. I prefer some proper whine, like Radiohead.

ReputationRep:
    off topic but how come no one has responded to my thread Day of the Dead?????

ReputationRep:
    I love Keane!! The worst thing about their album is that there is some filler on it, which really shouldn't be there for a band who are so great at their best. My favourite is Everybody's Changing- the piano in that makes me come over all funny I also like Bedshaped.

Anyone seeing them at V? Can't wait for that!

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Keane live! Portsmouth Pyramids...me 4 rows from front...equals great night out!

Keane are just superb! Great album, really really great! My faves are Can't stop now, We might as well be strangers, and She has no time. Keane's music makes me really happy, t'is proper feelgood! I wish I was going to V, but alas, I am not

Long live Keane!

ReputationRep:
    Keane are ok from what i've heard, nothing more...they are pretty bland really and don't do much for me. I'm going to V but probably i'll not be seeing Keane if i can help it, if there's nothing good on the V stage at the time, i'll just go to the New Bands tent...

ReputationRep:
    I like Keane. Don't have their album but i think their songs are nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Keane are ok from what i've heard, nothing more...they are pretty bland really and don't do much for me. I'm going to V but probably i'll not be seeing Keane if i can help it, if there's nothing good on the V stage at the time, i'll just go to the New Bands tent...
    Bland ... yep that's the word. A bit like Coldplay, who of course have some good songs too .... but meh ...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but even blander than Coldplay. You know you're doing something wrong when your music's labelled "nice."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vyse)
    Yes, but even blander than Coldplay. You know you're doing something wrong when your music's labelled "nice."
    No way! I hate the way people compare them to Coldplay - compared to Coldplay they are lively!

ReputationRep:
    I am in love with Tom Chaplain's voice......

ReputationRep:
    My favourite band atm, apart from Razorlight of course.

My favourite tracks on the album are Can't Stop Now and Bend and Break.

ReputationRep:
    I've just been looking at the gigs that have been announced for next term at my union and Keane are playing again! I didn't get tickets for them when they played in May, so I'm deffo getting tickets for this gig when they go one sale (even though its a fiver more expensive than last time!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    No way! I hate the way people compare them to Coldplay - compared to Coldplay they are lively!
    Coldplay's songs have much more feeling though, and musically they are a much better act imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Coldplay's songs have much more feeling though, and musically they are a much better act imo.
    Yeah, Coldplay are a lot better than Keane. Plus their music's more varied and Chris Martin has a much better voice than Tom Chaplain.

I do like them though! They have some good songs. I don't think too much of the singer, but the pianist is excellent. I just wish that everyone would stop comapring them to Coldplay...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.