Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This sold for $43Million Dollars.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ls-43m-NY.html

I know it's old new but thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    At the 'top' end, people don't buy art for what it looks like but rather who created it.

ReputationRep:
    STFUUUUU DOES THIS MATTER GO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT YOU PRICK.

o_0

ReputationRep:
    People are dying of hunger and sickness everywhere but some idiots decides to pay $44 million for something that could be reproduced in MS Paint....:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    could someone who is into art please explain to me why this painting is special?
    A little kid could do something similar.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    These kinds of paintings were painted by very famous painters. And there are only so many works available by very famous painters. So it is simple supply and demand. These days, art by famous artists is an investment commodity like stocks. People buy it because the prices seem to go up more than they go down. It may also be that the person who purchased the art also liked the aesthetics of the artwork, but that is probably a secondary reason for their purchase.
    And the specific price for an individual work of art is determined by what the previous price for the artist's work has been, coupled with any recent shows and how those shows have been received by critics and art historians. Prices can also be affected by recent art historical opinions or books about the artists. (Quora)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    People are dying of hunger and sickness everywhere but some idiots decides to pay $44 million for something that could be reproduced in MS Paint....:facepalm:

The amount of foreign we hand out every year, nobody should be dying if hunger
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Reminds of the glasses that fell in the museum.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of who made it, if it looks like **** it should be considered worthless.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    my career path has changed, i want to be a millionaire

these people disappoint me

ReputationRep:
    you can buy this for only $12 Million:

Name:  jjjjj.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  92.1 KB

Title: Jadu-tona III

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendulum3)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ls-43m-NY.html

I know it's old new but thoughts?
    Mate everyone knows art prices are just a function of the random number generator in Microsoft Eexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    That's not how money works.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    my career path has changed, i want to be a millionaire

these people disappoint me
    some guy put his skateboard down in an art museum and people thought it was art

ReputationRep:
    If you have the money to blow hell why not? If people want to be stupid like this then go nuts.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.