Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are these symptoms related/anything to worry about? Watch

If you don't like descriptions of periods be warned.
    So on April 23rd(ish) I had my normal, scheduled period. It was, however, a LOT lighter than normal (dry and brown, not bloody :\), but I shrugged it off. Then, May 9th I had an abnormally heavy period, about 15 days before it should be due. Then, May 31 I started having signs of another period, and now (2nd June) it is INCREDIBLY heavy, to the point where about 3 times I've nearly passed out (I've never had a problem like this before, and I have 0 fear of blood so it's not that). Also intense cramps all day. I should mention my periods have been regular for about 3 years now.
    I've also had about 6-8 unexplained bruises this month (and one where I know i bashed myself but it normally wouldn't bruise), I've been very very tired (although is is exams, who isn't) and I've been getting unusual amounts of head rush/lightheadedness when standing up sometimes (blood loss?).
    I'm 15 if that helps.
    Is it worth visiting a GP, or is it probably nothing?
    Thanks
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I would go to the doctors just to be on the safe side if i was you x

ReputationRep:
    Go to the GP, at least then, if it's nothing, you'll feel comfort in knowing that, otherwise you'll probably be worrying about this for a while..

ReputationRep:
    If you notice any changes with your periods (which you have), then I'd definitely recommend getting it checked out by a doctor just to check it isn't anything serious

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.