A-Level History HELP!

Watch this thread
Jade.andrews2
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've always had such a passion for history, Growing up i've alway been fasinated by it. When i went to high school i obviously got taught it and like i predicted i again really enjoyed it. But in then in year 8 I moved to a private school which unfortuanely didnt let me take it (not because of me, the school didn't offer the course), I'm leaving my High school with good grades, but i still would LOVE to study history.

(If it helps a little character analysis :P)- I am extremely hard working, and generally a good Student.

For those of you who studied History for GCSE and A-Level, do you apply things to learnt at GCSE to your A-Level? is any of the course content similer? I REALY NEED HELP!!
cabinpressure13
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I have friends who didn't do GCSE but did history for a level, and there been predicted As. So I'd say no, you don't need GCSE - the examiners are looking for different things and you get taught how to write the essays. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oiseaux
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You don't really need to have done GCSE History to do it at A level. Things that you learn at GCSE (such as comparing and evaluating sources) are taught at A level anyway. As long as you're good at English and writing essays you will be fine. I don't think doing GCSE History has helped me in any way with my A level course!
Jade.andrews2
Rep:
Thank you!
Jade.andrews2
Rep:
(Original post by Oiseaux)
You don't really need to have done GCSE History to do it at A level. Things that you learn at GCSE (such as comparing and evaluating sources) are taught at A level anyway. As long as you're good at English and writing essays you will be fine. I don't think doing GCSE History has helped me in any way with my A level course!
Ahhh! Okay thanks this has really helped 👍🏻
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.91%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (23)
34.33%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.46%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.49%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.45%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.9%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads