Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Generally, white middle classes are where SJWs, liberals etc are found.But I wonder if these people would still say yes to immigration if they actually went and lived in immigrant communities?

I'm thinking a small *****y apartment block where immigrants play loud music, scream and shout, talk Arabic all night long, do drugs, naked children etc. The worst possible situation for an educated progressive white middle class person to be in, right?

I wonder for how long, maybe after 1, 2, 3 months, or one night even, would it take them to say 'OMG. This is hell. Get me the **** out of here?'

"My perspective on immigration has changed thanks to experiencing first hand what it's like to be a native living amongst the immigrants.I'm sorry for living in a bubble detached from reality. Now I know what the real world is like outside of liberal indoctrination of college."

So, if you think you're progressive liberal, you really probably aren't, until you have experiencing living in immigrant slums, and come out after unchanged.

I think very few people will still be liberal after this.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm thinking a small *****y apartment block where immigrants play loud music, scream and shout, talk Arabic all night long, do drugs, naked children etc."

sounds like you did too much LSD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sainsburys wraps)
    "I'm thinking a small *****y apartment block where immigrants play loud music, scream and shout, talk Arabic all night long, do drugs, naked children etc."

sounds like you did too much LSD
    I don't take drugs myself, I'm just trying to imagine where immigrants live, especially in other European countries like Sweden.

But you can find many areas like this across the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Studies show living in a mixed area makes you more tolerant. You think wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College_Dropout)
    Studies show living in a mixed area makes you more tolerant. You think wrong.
    That's only if you have not experienced living in a nice middle class neighbourhood.

Only people who have been brought up in mixed areas are tolerant.

I'm saying people who have had the privilege of living in a nice native area, with native culture etc are lefties, and would immediately become right wingers when being forced to live in a deprived immigrant area.

ReputationRep:
    As opposed to a "small, ***tty" apartment block populated entirely by miscreants, bottom-feeders and otherwise socially-or-economically disadvantaged persons whose expletives you can understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    That's only if you have not experienced living in a nice middle class neighbourhood.

Only people who have been brought up in mixed areas are tolerant.
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could follow what is going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College_Dropout)
    How do you know?
    Because I believe the vast majority of people are lefties because it's what education teaches you, and are just lefties because it's 'kind', what the Internet says etc.

If you threw a bunch of these naive people into an immigrant community, they'd begin to realise the harsh realities or immigration and how it negatively impacts them, the area and the country...

ReputationRep:
    I just think that you have to live, and experience first hand what's it's like to live in a nice middle class area, and a run down immigrant area, before you form your political views.

Else it's just like saying I don't like the food without actually tasting it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    Because I believe the vast majority of people are lefties because it's what education teaches you, and are just lefties because it's 'kind', what the Internet says etc.

If you threw a bunch of these naive people into an immigrant community, they'd begin to realise the harsh realities or immigration and how it negatively impacts them, the area and the country...
    Oh, so just some **** you made up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.