Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was thinking if theres anyone in similar situation wondering whether going to uni in about 20 wks pregnant would be awkward, I've just found out 2 days ago and I'm not anymore excited for the uni and my situation does not let me take a gap year.. Would be easier knowing Im not the only one

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations. There will be difficulties beginning a course and being pregnant. You will be due to give birth in your first year. Once you have a baby life won't be easier. Have you got family/partner you can talk about your worries with?

If I was you I would take a gap year so you can relax through your pregnancy and enjoy the first few months with your baby and have time to adjust to being a mum and arranging childcare. What about your situation will make you taking a year out not possible? I'm assuming this is your first baby and your circumstances are about to change greatly.

I'm still waiting to find out if I've got an offer from Liverpool and have a 1 year old son. I might have another baby whilst at university but will probably have to take a year out if I get pregnant.

Maybe join baby Centre or other mum forums and you can chat with people with similar due dates and lots of other mums who may have experiences similar to yours. I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your response, So I did talk about taking a gap year with my parents and they think that after giving birth and staying with the baby, I wont come back to studies and they're also scared that I will loose my student finance loans,because my partners earnings may be higher than my parents. I am also worried about how people would look at me and if I'd find any friends cause of my pregnancy. I've decided to try and go to uni, they should support me somehow I think.
    Also taking a gap year would mean I'd have to stay in the house with my family so it would be a bit overcrowded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monikascience)
    Thanks for your response, So I did talk about taking a gap year with my parents and they think that after giving birth and staying with the baby, I wont come back to studies and they're also scared that I will loose my student finance loans,because my partners earnings may be higher than my parents. I am also worried about how people would look at me and if I'd find any friends cause of my pregnancy. I've decided to try and go to uni, they should support me somehow I think.
    Also taking a gap year would mean I'd have to stay in the house with my family so it would be a bit overcrowded.
    Once you have a child you will count as an independent student to the student loan company. I'm not sure if they will include your partners income or not. I'm married so my husbands does count. You reapply each year for finance sonic your circumstances change so will your loan.

The best thing to do is to call the student loan company and speak to the university. They will be happy to help and will have dealt with similar situations before.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.