Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    its the final day of the holiday (ish) and the last 6 days have been the most unproductive days ever, every exam i have had i did revise but i could have done WAYY MORE than i did, this holiday i was meant to be super productive, where i organise my revision and life out for the exams coming up
    i have an history exam on monday and i havent even gone through all the content and more exams the following days, i know people around me who have done way more which i try not to think about but it does make me feel worse about my revision
    every single dayi kept saying tomorrow ill do proper revision or ill start tomorrow but that didnt get me far
    im just SOOOOO annoyed with myself but i guess i just have regrets now
    im just so stressed and i dont know what to do anymore and im sooo angry and annoyed but thats entirely my own fault
    anyone in a similar position

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar position and I've always been like this with exams - I find I'm the most productive when I stop moping around thinking about what I haven't done and trying to focus on what I can do with the time I have. I know it sounds harsh but there's no point in stressing over what you can't change! Just go for really hardcore revision now, because otherwise you'll have even more regrets. Instead of saying 'tomorrow' say 'now' because tomorrow never happens! You just need to be straight with yourself good luck for your exam, do loads of revision in the next few days and it will honestly make a difference to your grade!

ReputationRep:
    Also, I just saw this is GCSE - I did GCSE History and revised the day before and got an A overall. Honestly, if you're naturally bright and have listened throughout the year, three days is enough to learn and get a good grade!

ReputationRep:
    thank youuu!!!, this is so trueee i feel like i just need to do it and not think too much about revising and the past and just start!! and it doesnt sound harsh at all! hopefully the next few days are super productive
    (Original post by elizahughes)
    I'm in a similar position and I've always been like this with exams - I find I'm the most productive when I stop moping around thinking about what I haven't done and trying to focus on what I can do with the time I have. I know it sounds harsh but there's no point in stressing over what you can't change! Just go for really hardcore revision now, because otherwise you'll have even more regrets. Instead of saying 'tomorrow' say 'now' because tomorrow never happens! You just need to be straight with yourself good luck for your exam, do loads of revision in the next few days and it will honestly make a difference to your grade!

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much!
    Also, I just saw this is GCSE - I did GCSE History and revised the day before and got an A overall. Honestly, if you're naturally bright and have listened throughout the year, three days is enough to learn and get a good grade!

ReputationRep:
    any advice/tips on how to revise?, or effective revision methods

ReputationRep:
    I'd say rather than trying to memorise a whole textbook, break up the events into themes or time periods and then just start essay planning straight away. If you have a good exam technique already, got don't need to fully write out the essays, just make sure you plan them so it's easier to recall information quickly in the exam and everything clicks together better in your head also reading mark schemes and exemplar essays is useful, but look at it more in terms of learning for the exam than learning the content because you need to know when to apply it - hope this makes sense and let me know if you have any other questions!

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much!
    I'd say rather than trying to memorise a whole textbook, break up the events into themes or time periods and then just start essay planning straight away. If you have a good exam technique already, got don't need to fully write out the essays, just make sure you plan them so it's easier to recall information quickly in the exam and everything clicks together better in your head also reading mark schemes and exemplar essays is useful, but look at it more in terms of learning for the exam than learning the content because you need to know when to apply it - hope this makes sense and let me know if you have any other questions!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.