Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do I need to get an A* for A2 MEI mathematics?

The modules I am doing are C3, C4, and S2 (last year was C1, C2 and S1). I've heard statistics does not matter as much as the core modules. Is there a percentage UMS I need?

Thanks

Edit: After looking up UMS marks, it seems it's the same for all subjects. I need 90% in the core modules, and 80% UMS overall (which includes AS?). If that is correct, it means I need 19% in S2 to qualify for an A*, nice.

ReputationRep:
    Getting an A* in Maths was pretty easy for me since I did Further Maths. I recommend you have a look at my app at http://app.bubblemaths.com/ We have undergrad Maths students on there all the time, and no signup is required. You need to get 90% in two subjects out of Core 2, 3 ,4, S2 I believe with A's in the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    Getting an A* in Maths was pretty easy for me since I did Further Maths. I recommend you have a look at my app at http://app.bubblemaths.com/ We have undergrad Maths students on there all the time, and no signup is required. You need to get 90% in two subjects out of Core 2, 3 ,4, S2 I believe with A's in the rest.
    Ooh, thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully you aren't unlucky like my year and have boundaries like 65/72 in S2 for an A and 55/72 for a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)

I don't think this is correct.

You need 90% average across C3 and C4 only, and an A overall (so 480/600 UMS and 180/200 across C3 and C4).

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceAndBob)
    I don't think this is correct.

You need 90% average across C3 and C4 only, and an A overall (so 480/600 UMS and 180/200 across C3 and C4).

Good luck!
    What about 179/200 across c3 and c4 mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elgaucho)
    What about 179/200 across c3 and c4 mate?
    That would be 1 off an A*, you need at least 180/200 from c3 and c4 combined

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.