Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

16 Year Olds! What job do you have/how much do you get paid? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Really interested to know as I am 16 and am finding it really difficult to find a job. Everyone I apply for as for experience but I don't have experience because I can't find a job! My GCSE predictions are really good, but am currently taking GCSEs so don't have results yet.

ReputationRep:
    Weekend paper boy
    £3 per day (not the best pay but it only takes an hour and adds up overtime)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariah2011)
    Really interested to know as I am 16 and am finding it really difficult to find a job at 16!
    Waiter, £6 an hour plus tips... so usually if I work 20 hours I make £140.

ReputationRep:
    I used to work at Wickes, that was £6.18 or something like that I remember!

ReputationRep:
    I used to work as a sales assistant at the card factory on minimum wage, started as an xmas temp and then got kept on

tbh no one is going to hire you until you finish school, start looking again in the holidays but september/october will be the best time as xmas temp jobs are opening up and lots of students will be moving away to uni and quitting their jobs

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently working as a nothing.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm doing my GCSEs, I don't need no job, homie!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna apply for costa in 2 weeks which I see is like £6+ an hour!

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16 I was on £4 an hour
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not 16 anymore but this was me then (almost 3 years ago now):
    £6.90/h, Sales Advisor, 16h/week, O2

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.