The Student Room Group

motivation for revision

All half term I have been so demotivated to do work for exams. As this is not usually an issue i dont really know what to do. Any ideas??
Reply 1
Hey, theres a couple things i do when i get that too :smile:
1) take a couple mins out and look at the unis you want to go to and what you need to get for them and keep the tabs open.
2) decide to take a day off revision and go out and do things and don't feel guilty for it just do things other than work
3) go for a walk/run. you will feel so much better when you come back
4) work out how much time you don't have to revise and panic yourself in to revision :P

Good Luck!
Reply 2
I totally feel you, lol motivation? what's that?!
Anyway what I do is:
1. Get up, walk a bit and just stretch my legs etc
2. if I've been doing one subject for a while I change it up, vary it all I guess
3. Pretend I'm Elle Woods, after the party scene when "Watch me shine" starts playing and that I am FILLED WITH RAGE AND READY TO POUND MY RUDE LAW CLASS INTO THE DUST FIGHT ME
4. (Not my proudest feeling, but heck it motivates me) Also think about how I want to prove someone I know wrong and that I am justified in turning her down to revise and just generally make a point of doing better than her TO PROVE A POINT AGAINST HER ATTITUDE IM SO SICK OF IT AND I WANT TO WIN
5. Music can help if you've been working in the quiet, or if you've been listening to music then turn it off for a bit and work in quiet

Hope that helps and you get your mojo back! <3
good luck!!!
Reply 3
you are a legend!:u: ty

Quick Reply

Latest