The Student Room Group

English Language perceptive...

I have my English language exam next week and my exam board is edexcel. So I've looked at the mark scheme and it says to get top marks my points need to be perceptive. What does it mean by perceptive and how can I be perceptive. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by S.Rahman
I have my English language exam next week and my exam board is edexcel. So I've looked at the mark scheme and it says to get top marks my points need to be perceptive. What does it mean by perceptive and how can I be perceptive. Thanks

Read in between the lines, figure out things that others would not come across or have missed out. Read it carefully, if you see an inconsistency that is being perceptive.
Reply 2
Original post by Divinchi
Read in between the lines, figure out things that others would not come across or have missed out. Read it carefully, if you see an inconsistency that is being perceptive.

Thanks for the reply but say I do read between the lines and find something perceptive but I dont really have a specific piece of evidence that has an obvious language feature for me to comment on then what should I do.
Reply 3
Original post by S.Rahman
Thanks for the reply but say I do read between the lines and find something perceptive but I dont really have a specific piece of evidence that has an obvious language feature for me to comment on then what should I do.

don't waste your time doing it for too long, don't add it in if it has nothing to do with the question. You'll waste your time.
Try and go for atleast 2 - 3 perceptive points if you want those top grades.
Say 'this could mean.... or an alternative interpretation would be...' this is very high level and shows you can use different perceptives

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending