Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my English language exam next week and my exam board is edexcel. So I've looked at the mark scheme and it says to get top marks my points need to be perceptive. What does it mean by perceptive and how can I be perceptive. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.Rahman)
    I have my English language exam next week and my exam board is edexcel. So I've looked at the mark scheme and it says to get top marks my points need to be perceptive. What does it mean by perceptive and how can I be perceptive. Thanks
    Read in between the lines, figure out things that others would not come across or have missed out. Read it carefully, if you see an inconsistency that is being perceptive.

ReputationRep:
    You need to read the text carefully, and then answer the question along the text lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divinchi)
    Read in between the lines, figure out things that others would not come across or have missed out. Read it carefully, if you see an inconsistency that is being perceptive.
    Thanks for the reply but say I do read between the lines and find something perceptive but I dont really have a specific piece of evidence that has an obvious language feature for me to comment on then what should I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.Rahman)
    Thanks for the reply but say I do read between the lines and find something perceptive but I dont really have a specific piece of evidence that has an obvious language feature for me to comment on then what should I do.
    don't waste your time doing it for too long, don't add it in if it has nothing to do with the question. You'll waste your time.
    Try and go for atleast 2 - 3 perceptive points if you want those top grades.

ReputationRep:
    Say 'this could mean.... or an alternative interpretation would be...' this is very high level and shows you can use different perceptives

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.