The Student Room Group

Absolutely certain the University has cocked up my mark. What to do?

I know this shouldn't be posted in the 'Relationships' forum, but nowhere else allows anonymous posts, and I don't really want people to know who I am.

I'm in absolute shock right now.

I spent several more hours - heck days revising for this exam... I knew the answers already (don't ask why), I wrote down and memorised perfect answers to them (just like everyone else on my course did) and somehow I got a really **** grade.

i am certain the University have either 1) messed up the grade or 2) something happened and they gave me a bad grade because of it.

Of course I received no feedback from anyone about the exam so I have no idea why I got this grade.

What do I do from here?
Reply 1
You check the university website and/or ask your tutor on what the review/appeal process is...

Seriously, does uni not teach even basic independent thinking to everyone?

I guess not if you knew the answers beforehand :rolleyes:
Original post by Anonymous
I know this shouldn't be posted in the 'Relationships' forum, but nowhere else allows anonymous posts, and I don't really want people to know who I am.

I spent several more hours - heck days revising for this exam... I knew the answers already (don't ask why), I wrote down and memorised perfect answers to them (just like everyone else on my course did) and somehow I got a really **** grade.

i am certain the University have either 1) messed up the grade or 2) something happened and they gave me a bad grade because of it.

Of course I received no feedback from anyone about the exam so I have no idea why I got this grade.

What do I do from here?

Perhaps your answers weren't as perfect as you thought they were?

Just because you have the questions in advance and prepared for them in advance (which sound dubious and dodgy, but okay), does not necessarily mean the answers you gave were decent.

That said, you can appeal the test if you think there has been an error and you should follow your university's appeal process. It may be that as you say, there has been a mixup of some kind and you get a better mark.

It may be as I suggest that you just didn't create answers that were as good as you thought.

It may be that you've been penalised due to somehow having the questions before the exam, although this is unlikely as you'd get zero, not a low score.

Good luck with the appeal.
Lecturers are now beginning to give more and more hints if you ask them.

I went to a few of my lecturers office....and the hints they give is unreal.
Original post by urbanlocations
Lecturers are now beginning to give more and more hints if you ask them.

I went to a few of my lecturers office....and the hints they give is unreal.

:rofl:
What degree is this in?
Reply 6
Original post by Elivercury
Perhaps your answers weren't as perfect as you thought they were?

Simply impossible. I spent several days building perfect answers for them, including references from the course and references via personal academic study/research. If I were to post them on here you'd understand why I am so shocked.

Just because you have the questions in advance and prepared for them in advance (which sound dubious and dodgy, but okay), does not necessarily mean the answers you gave were decent.

Well it does mean I was able to prepare appropriate answers for the questions with relevant sources from the course AND personal research.

It may be that you've been penalised due to somehow having the questions before the exam, although this is unlikely as you'd get zero, not a low score.

Everyone on the course knew the questions before the exam - hell, everyone knew the answers to the previous examination in January whilst I didn't - but still got a far better grade than this time round.

Reply 7
What degree is this in?

Not going to divulge that information.
Simply impossible. I spent several days building perfect answers for them, including references from the course and references via personal academic study/research. If I were to post them on here you'd understand why I am so shocked.

Well it does mean I was able to prepare appropriate answers for the questions with relevant sources from the course AND personal research.

Everyone on the course knew the questions before the exam - hell, everyone knew the answers to the previous examination in January whilst I didn't - but still got a far better grade than this time round.

Well regardless of whether you're correct or incorrect, you're going to go down the same route - your university appeal process. Every university/department has one.

You'll also have to accept the outcome.

I hope it works out, but sometimes what you thought was perfect just wasn't. I recall after an exam comparing the answers to every question with a friend and was very confident of passing as we'd both said the same things.

Turns out we were both just incorrect in the same way.
Reply 9

What do I do from here?

Cheaters never prosper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending