Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feel ugly compared to someone boyfriend liked watch

Announcements

I mean, long story short, boyfriend liked someone and she kinda liked him too but it didn't work out.

She is very pretty (like honestly, 10/10 lol), so it makes me feel horrible. My BF has said before to me that she's a very rare case where someone is a 10 but her personality was crap so it doesn't even matter. I'm... Alright looking. Recently we had a huge discussion about this so he is now a bit more careful about how he talks about other women. Finally hit him that I have feelings hahhahaha

Anyway, I just feel so ugly compared to her. Like so ugly. Sometimes I will do my hair or make up a bit like hers and it DOES make a difference in how attractive he finds me. I suppose it's handy, but it also depresses me. I should probably stop doing it

I don't really know what I'm asking from you guys but I think I just want some tips of how to stop feeling horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I mean, long story short, boyfriend liked someone and she kinda liked him too but it didn't work out.

She is very pretty (like honestly, 10/10 lol), so it makes me feel horrible. My BF has said before to me that she's a very rare case where someone is a 10 but her personality was crap so it doesn't even matter. I'm... Alright looking. Recently we had a huge discussion about this so he is now a bit more careful about how he talks about other women. Finally hit him that I have feelings hahhahaha

Anyway, I just feel so ugly compared to her. Like so ugly. Sometimes I will do my hair or make up a bit like hers and it DOES make a difference in how attractive he finds me. I suppose it's handy, but it also depresses me. I should probably stop doing it

I don't really know what I'm asking from you guys but I think I just want some tips of how to stop feeling horrible
    I don't mean for this to sound harsh but I suppose you want be told that you're beautiful, which obviously can't happen because I have no idea what you look like. The important thing is that your boyfriend said, she has a horrible personality and anyway you're the one he's in a relationship with, not her, so just remember that

ReputationRep:
    How old are you OP?

(Original post by GlassyMarbles)
    I don't mean for this to sound harsh but I suppose you want be told that you're beautiful, which obviously can't happen because I have no idea what you look like. The important thing is that your boyfriend said, she has a horrible personality and anyway you're the one he's in a relationship with, not her, so just remember that
    Haha no I don't want to be called beautiful by people I don't know it's fine lol. Just don't know how to deal w this tbh. And yeah that's what he says too he's in a rs with ME, but if she ever even slightly comes up in a conversation abt other friends or something, he'll end up discussing her again n again. At the end of the day what he tells me just sounds like "you're a bit ugly BUT you have a nice personality" which as nice as it is is just a bit weird when your own BF says it

(Original post by eden3)
    How old are you OP?
    I'm acting immature but I'm almost 20 lmao a big baby rly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Its rare to find a girl whos 10/10 and good personality, same for guys.

ReputationRep:
    I mean he is with you.

No reason to be jealous of someone he broke up with.

She may have been better looking than you, but that's all she had to offer apparently; while you have a personality that he likes too.

ReputationRep:
    Another classic case of female overthinking/overanalysing....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.