The Student Room Group

Should I reapply and start over?

Hello,
Last year I took my IGCSEs and to say I loved my results is an understatement. However, when I was applying to uni I was extremely conflicted between two B.Sc. Courses and even though they were both very appealing to me I was accepted to the one I was less enthused about. The first was B.Sc. Of Dentistry and and the second was B.Sc of Economic and Social studies. Now almost a year later, I have finished an entire semester of Eco & Social Studies and I love it. Yet, I would not like to continue in it. The only option I have, since my mother does not support me studying abroad is to reapply to the same university for Dentistry. I am so conflicted but I am confident academically because I don't mind adding a year to it because education has no age, I mean I don't mind if I graduated at fifty. What's important to me is that I graduate confident and to love my job. I can't see myself doing something that isn't science-related. So I know I have to go through a with this.

My doubts come in as I am absolutely terrified of being alone in a new journey where I have to be a year behind and all my friends are to graduate a year above me. I don't know how to feel about it. On one note I'm like, it doesn't matter what people say but then again it kind of does.

This is my first forum on this website and I am in dire need of help and guidance. What should I do? How do I forget about people and go through with this? I don't want to wake up four years from now with regrets on both sides.

Thank you all so much already.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Promisecess
Hello,
Last year I took my IGCSEs and to say I loved my results is an understatement. However, when I was applying to uni I was extremely conflicted between two B.Sc. Courses and even though they were both very appealing to me I was accepted to the one I was less enthused about. The first was B.Sc. Of Dentistry and and the second was B.Sc of Economic and Social studies. Now almost a year later, I have finished an entire semester of Eco & Social Studies and I love it. Yet, I would not like to continue in it. The only option I have, since my mother does not support me studying abroad is to reapply to the same university for Dentistry. I am so conflicted but I am confident academically because I don't mind adding a year to it because education has no age, I mean I don't mind if I graduated at fifty. What's important to me is that I graduate confident and to love my job. I can't see myself doing something that isn't since-related. So I know I have to go through a with this.

My doubts come in as I am absolutely terrified of being alone in a new journey where I have to be a year behind and all my friends are to graduate a year above me. I don't know how to feel about it. On one note I'm like, it doesn't matter what people say but then again it kind of does.

This is my first forum on this website and I am in dire need of help and guidance. What should I do? How do I forget about people and go through with this? I don't want to wake up four years from now with regrets on both sides.

Thank you all so much already.

So what grades did you get at GCSEs and a levels or equivalent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
So what grades did you get at GCSEs and a levels or equivalent

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 2A*s, 4As and 1B and I haven't done A levels because the uni doesn't require them but one of my options is to do them then study aboard?
Original post by Promisecess
I got 2A*s, 4As and 1B and I haven't done A levels because the uni doesn't require them but one of my options is to do them then study aboard?

So what conditions would you have to meet to do dentistry at that uni

Also if you did alevels why would you have to study abroad could you not study in England after getting aaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
So what conditions would you have to meet to do dentistry at that uni

Also if you did alevels why would you have to study abroad could you not study in England after getting aaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly since I'm reapplying I guess I have to drop out of my seat for Eco. And there's not much basically I already know I would be accepted with these results since I have friends who were.
The main reason to why I wasn't last year is because there were problems and by the time they were fixed the seats in Dentistry were full so I decided to try Eco out and see how I feel about it

Quick Reply

Latest