straight As ar for geeks all the cool people get AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    straight As ar for geeks all the cool people get AAB
    im not gettingthat either

ReputationRep:
    and what do people with ABB get?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think there was anything unusual about going to uni at 17 - I'm not 18 till september so will only just be 18 before I start uni, and given that all but one of my offers were unconditional I could have gone a year ago, at just-turned 17, had I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    for example if u didn't take Alevel early than that is normal for 17 years old
    but the person i know, she finish Alevel in one year.

ReputationRep:
    this girl in the year above me started med school at 17.5 yrs ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    for example if u didn't take Alevel early than that is normal for 17 years old
    but the person i know, she finish Alevel in one year.

HOW? are these people born geniuses? or do they really swot?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    They are born geniuses in the sense that they are born with parents who care more about their education than most. That's really the only difference between them and a "regular" smart person I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    They are born geniuses in the sense that they are born with parents who care more about their education than most. That's really the only difference between them and a "regular" smart person I think.
    i agree, and i think being naturally gifted plays an important part in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    are you referring to those who dont have to revise for exams and come out with 101%? i would agree with you about being naturally gifted in the complexed world of education then!! i also agree that people who are pushed will excel most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    are you referring to those who dont have to revise for exams and come out with 101%? i would agree with you about being naturally gifted in the complexed world of education then!! i also agree that people who are pushed will excel most.
    to get a good grade you have to revise, maybe in gcse you can get away with it, but not in a1 and a2 level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    to get a good grade you have to revise, maybe in gcse you can get away with it, but not in a1 and a2 level
    hmm *head nodding in agreement*

ReputationRep:
    hmm *head nodding in agreement*
    there's a good girl

ReputationRep:
    No, there are no people like that, there are people that pay attention in class and do some effective revision that get full marks. If you think about it, you're taught everything you need to know in exams (at least we were in science GCSEs for example). If there is a smart person coming alone that can listen to the teacher and remember the important facts and understand the important concepts, the only thing stopping them from getting 100% is mistakes which we all make.

My point is anyone that is smart, as in inquisitive and stuff like that can come out with 101% in an exam, whereas the same person could get 50% if they spend their time revising by reading notes and only listened to the teacher every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    No, there are no people like that, there are people that pay attention in class and do some effective revision that get full marks. If you think about it, you're taught everything you need to know in exams (at least we were in science GCSEs for example). If there is a smart person coming alone that can listen to the teacher and remember the important facts and understand the important concepts, the only thing stopping them from getting 100% is mistakes which we all make.

My point is anyone that is smart, as in inquisitive and stuff like that can come out with 101% in an exam, whereas the same person could get 50% if they spend their time revising by reading notes and only listened to the teacher every now and then.
    yes but look what edexcel said, they said most people can't apply it in exams, they know all teh stuff but applying it in exams and understanding the question poses the biggest challenge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    I dont agree, I never did any actual revision for my Al Levels, I just paid attention in class for the couple of months leading up to the exams, i reckon exams are more about technique and making use of what you know rather than just tryng to remember all the stuff the teacher has said, but I did essay based sucbjects i reckon you'd have to be really smart to do no revison for science and stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    HOW? are these people born geniuses? or do they really swot?? :confused:
    well they just work hard
    they study when we we run around outside u know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    I dont agree, I never did any actual revision for my Al Levels, I just paid attention in class for the couple of months leading up to the exams, i reckon exams are more about technique and making use of what you know rather than just tryng to remember all the stuff the teacher has said, but I did essay based sucbjects i reckon you'd have to be really smart to do no revison for science and stuff like that
    that is for you, not for others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    well they just work hard
    they study when we we run around outside u know
    ahh the old nature/nurture debate

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.