Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I started my pill free week on Monday - withdrawal bleed started Late Wednesday evening. I was then invited to an event this weekend and would really rather not be "on" I started to take my pill again on Thursday evening (so only had a 3 day break) as I am no longer withdrawing my body from the hormones is this likely to stop or reduce the flow by Saturday?

Normally I'd have just run packs together but got invited a few days too late!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I started my pill free week on Monday - withdrawal bleed started Late Wednesday evening. I was then invited to an event this weekend and would really rather not be "on" I started to take my pill again on Thursday evening (so only had a 3 day break) as I am no longer withdrawing my body from the hormones is this likely to stop or reduce the flow by Saturday?

Normally I'd have just run packs together but got invited a few days too late!!

Thanks
    It may not. These bleeds are the most annoying!

But, what I could suggest would be to buy whats called a Mooncup/Divacup depending on the brand. You can wear it for up to 12 hours (it says 8 now, but when I got it, it said 12..) with no risk of TSS. It also doesn't need to be disposed of because its reusable! It doesn't leak and because its reusable, any blood can be discreetly tipped down the toilet

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.