Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My son has just completed his final year at UWE studying Computer Science and his unconfirmed grades suggest that he has failed one of his modules and he needed to pass all of them to graduate. We have emailed the university to find out where he stands but as yet he has not had a response. Has anyone else been through this or can offer any advice as he is going out of his mind with worry that the last 3 years has been for nothing. We have tried looking on their website but there seems to be conflicting information.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid policies of this differ so much, sometimes even within the same university's departments, that it's hard to be sure without an official response.

When I failed university exams, I was asked to resit. It depends on the university's policy, but it may just be a case of retaking whichever exams he failed (probably within a year). If it's a final year, the policy may be different, but most universities I know of have some kind of second chance, especially for people who have previously done well or only failed a single exam.

Have you contacted his personal tutor for advice, or was it the university's exam board? Personal tutors are generally faster to respond, in my experience. The IT department (or Computer Science department, or whatever they call it at your uni) may also be able to provide advice, so it might be worth asking more than one branch of the uni for advice.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Research withdrawn. The information is on the website. It does not conflict.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.