Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to take a Law course at Uni, I was wondering if anyone knows if its better to take A level (if so what subjects) or IB (if so what subjects)

Cheers x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilymirella)
    I want to take a Law course at Uni, I was wondering if anyone knows if its better to take A level (if so what subjects) or IB (if so what subjects)

Cheers x
    As far as I'm aware, there's no real preference for A-Level or IB - take whichever one you feel more comfortable taking.

In regards to subjects, this is also a personal decision. There's no one subject for Law that is necessarily essential to have (although I would suggest leaning towards essay subjects rather than sciences if possible). Depending on what kind of uni you want to go to, some (especially some RGs) prefer 'facilitating' (traditional - History, English Lit) subjects to 'non-facilitating' ones (Drama, Media, Law). LSE outlines their policy on them here:
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...uirements.aspx

I would say, however, again that it's more important to take subjects you'll do well in rather than suffer with something you're bad at.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.