Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have been accepted to start Architectural Technology or Interior Architecture in September (In London). The point is that I am hesitating between them.
    I am a mature student and there is no doubt I would have done Architecture if I was 18 and more time in front of me.
    For me AT or IA are shorter way to do the career I always wanted to do.
    My professional goal is to manage refurbishment project or extension including the production of all the drawings required. I love drawing but the technical aspect seems more useful in real life. On the same time, IA seems a more selective course as the entry requirement are higher... With all that, I am little bit confused. Can somebody please help me? What is the best course where I will learn the more for my career? Many thanks !

ReputationRep:
    Hello again! Nobody to advice ...? Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SarahBen)
    Hello, I have been accepted to start Architectural Technology or Interior Architecture in September (In London). The point is that I am hesitating between them.
    I am a mature student and there is no doubt I would have done Architecture if I was 18 and more time in front of me.
    My professional goal is to manage refurbishment project or extension including the production of all the drawings required. I love drawing but the technical aspect seems more useful in real life. On the same time, IA seems a more selective course as the entry requirement are higher... With all that, I am little bit confused. Can somebody please help me? What is the best course where I will learn the more for my career? Many thanks !
    Hi there,

Where are you studying at?

Have you heard of Ravensbourne? We have this course BA IDEAS ( BA (Hons) Interior Design Environment Architectures)

I would recommend for you to ask the university you've applied to and talk to their current students and tutor about your situation and I'm sure they would help.

But if you're looking for a university that offers both then check us out! Visit us to see it for yourself available tickets

Hope this helps,
    Ahlia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahBen)

Hello,

From reading your post I can see that you've said want to be able to produce all the necessary drawings for housing extensions etc. For that reason I would definitely say go for Architectural Technology, if you were to pursue Interior Architecture you are not likely to learn all the aspects of detailing a building and so wouldn't be able to produce the drawings. An Interior Architecture course is much likely going to teach you how to manipulate space and utilise lighting rather than how the extension itself would stand up.

You could always pursue interior design in your spare time or take classes/enrol on short courses after your degree to get an insight into interiors.

Hope this helps somewhat in making a decision

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.