Under 16's in Further Education

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Niacon67
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Has anyone had experience of having to teach under 16's in Further Education Courses?? I'm doing
some research about this and I'm particularly interested in childcare courses, however any
experiences you may have would be helpful.

Any experiences would be valuable.

Thanks

Niacon
Tony Brooks
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:06:13 -0000, "niacon67" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>Has anyone had experience of having to teach under 16's in Further Education Courses?? I'm doing[/q1]
[q1]>some research about this and I'm particularly interested in childcare courses, however any[/q1]
[q1]>experiences you may have would be helpful.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Any experiences would be valuable.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Thanks[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Niacon[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Yes, we occasionally get a "school reject" on our full time motor vehicle course. By and large
they start the year well enough, with few problems, and as the term progresses and they find we,
as lecturers, have no effective sanction against them, they start to behave/attend as they did
in school.

We run a very "old fasioned" style of disciplin as a section, so they do not normally produce too
many problems for the other students. I think it would be fair to say that successes are vey few and
far between.

As an FE lecturer I have to accept that I will be forced to try and make up for defficiencies in the
schools, and to be held accountable when I fail.

A. P. Brooks
Titus A Ducksas
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:06:13 -0000, "niacon67" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>Has anyone had experience of having to teach under 16's in Further Education Courses?? I'm doing[/q1]
[q1]>some research about this and I'm particularly interested in childcare courses, however any[/q1]
[q1]>experiences you may have would be helpful.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Any experiences would be valuable.[/q1]
Bolton Community College has a specific under16 provision. Contact them at
[email protected]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (294)
34.23%
No (565)
65.77%

Watched Threads