Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you been bully in university? Duno if that happens though.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't exactly get bullied, but my so-called friends started giving me abuse one day n carried on from there... the guys said it was cause they were jealous

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's as much of a problem as it is in schools, as most people are much more sure of themselves. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but it's much rarer and less publically tolerated, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BombShell)
    i didn't exactly get bullied, but my so-called friends started giving me abuse one day n carried on from there... the guys said it was cause they were jealous
    What were they jealous over, if its ok to ask

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen it personally, that's not to say it dosen't go on, but it dosen't seem to be a major problem. Saying that, at my school there wasn't really any bullying either - must be lucky.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah bullying seems to be more of a problem that comes from kids growing up, trying to make sense of themselves and the world.

Im sure it does happen at university, but in a much more 'adult' way.

ReputationRep:
    So what happens when someone's bullied? Are they reported to a lecturer/tutor? Does some man in a suit visit the bully's class to tell them off? It must be really embarrasing for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    What were they jealous over, if its ok to ask
    i don't really know, thats the thing. Apparently though, its cos a couple of the guys they liked liked me, n I got myself a new boyfriend and was actually happy. You'd think these people may have grown up by that stage but evidently, some haven't.

They were really happen when it turned out my boyfriend had been sleeping around behind my back... grrr....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BombShell)
    i don't really know, thats the thing. Apparently though, its cos a couple of the guys they liked liked me, n I got myself a new boyfriend and was actually happy. You'd think these people may have grown up by that stage but evidently, some haven't.

They were really happen when it turned out my boyfriend had been sleeping around behind my back... grrr....
    Men are pigs......maybe your friends were just looking out for you - knew the guy had a reputation for cheating and didn't wanna see you get hurt?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think bullying happens though as they are more mature I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Men are pigs......maybe your friends were just looking out for you - knew the guy had a reputation for cheating and didn't wanna see you get hurt?

i wish.. they thought it was hilarious :mad:

when he told me (by text message btw!) I cried n told my 'friend', n she just walked off saying 'so what'?

needless to say i don't speak to any of them anymore...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.