This discussion is closed.
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Have any of you been bully in university? Duno if that happens though.
shell_xx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i didn't exactly get bullied, but my so-called friends started giving me abuse one day n carried on from there... the guys said it was cause they were jealous
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't think it's as much of a problem as it is in schools, as most people are much more sure of themselves. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but it's much rarer and less publically tolerated, I'd say.
Whats_The_411?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BombShell)
i didn't exactly get bullied, but my so-called friends started giving me abuse one day n carried on from there... the guys said it was cause they were jealous
What were they jealous over, if its ok to ask
BazTheMoney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've never seen it personally, that's not to say it dosen't go on, but it dosen't seem to be a major problem. Saying that, at my school there wasn't really any bullying either - must be lucky.
worried_mess
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah bullying seems to be more of a problem that comes from kids growing up, trying to make sense of themselves and the world.

Im sure it does happen at university, but in a much more 'adult' way.
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So what happens when someone's bullied? Are they reported to a lecturer/tutor? Does some man in a suit visit the bully's class to tell them off? It must be really embarrasing for everyone.
shell_xx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
What were they jealous over, if its ok to ask
i don't really know, thats the thing. Apparently though, its cos a couple of the guys they liked liked me, n I got myself a new boyfriend and was actually happy. You'd think these people may have grown up by that stage but evidently, some haven't.

They were really happen when it turned out my boyfriend had been sleeping around behind my back... grrr....
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BombShell)
i don't really know, thats the thing. Apparently though, its cos a couple of the guys they liked liked me, n I got myself a new boyfriend and was actually happy. You'd think these people may have grown up by that stage but evidently, some haven't.

They were really happen when it turned out my boyfriend had been sleeping around behind my back... grrr....
Men are pigs......maybe your friends were just looking out for you - knew the guy had a reputation for cheating and didn't wanna see you get hurt?
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I don't think bullying happens though as they are more mature I guess.
shell_xx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by who_me)
Men are pigs......maybe your friends were just looking out for you - knew the guy had a reputation for cheating and didn't wanna see you get hurt?

i wish.. they thought it was hilarious :mad:

when he told me (by text message btw!) I cried n told my 'friend', n she just walked off saying 'so what'?

needless to say i don't speak to any of them anymore...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.19%
Confident (54)
13.4%
Indifferent (57)
14.14%
Unsure (102)
25.31%
Worried (157)
38.96%

Watched Threads