SultanOE
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What topics do you think are likely to come up?
Riamh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd say most likely would be Meiosis, Enzymes, Proteins, Lipids, Disease and maybe membranes,
petroc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any more detail??? I'm struggling :-( with no Past papers
SultanOE
Rep:
?
Will we need to know about Calorimetry?
DiliChu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SultanOE)
Will we need to know about Calorimetry?
No, that's Chemistry
SultanOE
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiliChu)
No, that's Chemistry
Oops, I meant Colorimetry
RiahDawson
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
*stalks thread*
Logic4Life
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SultanOE)
What topics do you think are likely to come up?
Cell division, Enzymes, Evolution, Protein Synthesis, Biological tests, Biological molecules
mughushed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hopefully no biodiversity and classification as that came up in the Breadth - so maybe Diseases, enzymes (i hope), heart cycle (SAN, AVN etc), DNA replication, biological membranes?
Adeel98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
-Cardiac cycle and the heart -Spirometer (practical investigation) and ventilation mechanism
- Enzymes and cofactors
- Biological membranes, e.g. the role of the membrane and fluid mosaic model
- Properties of water OR triglycerides and phospholipids
- Calculation questions either involving Simpson's Index, Standard deviation, t-test
- Evolution (evidence+Darwin's observations)
IRoranth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OCR love classification/evolution/biodiversity, just because it came up in Breadth doesn't mean it wouldn't come up in Depth- OCR is big on these topics.
Chmbiogeog
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone got any good resources/links for meiosis or/and mitosis? Those are the ones I always mess up
TheAlphaParticle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can't even remember what was in the breadth paper now
llahanele
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
there's an app called ALevelBiology that I use and the stuff on mitosis and meiosis is quite good. Also there's stuff on the app that we don't need to know that's probably old spec or for next year so don't panic
Chmbiogeog
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by llahanele)
there's an app called ALevelBiology that I use and the stuff on mitosis and meiosis is quite good. Also there's stuff on the app that we don't need to know that's probably old spec or for next year so don't panic
Thank you, just downloaded it! Seems handy :biggrin:
ultralightbeam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think anything that wasn't on the old spec, like fish and insects, will turn up
Internets
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have a feeling there will be questions to do with carbon dioxide offloading and the immune response (phagocytosis, b and t lymphocytes, etc.). It seems to me like quite good extended answer topics.
Kksjdjdh
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Seems likely that immunity will come up. Maybe a bit on the heart. Enzymes seems very likely to come up as it wasn't on our spec or the breadth paper. There'll probably be 4 mark questions on some of the practical experiments we have done and then also a couple questions on the other topics. However I'd predict that these 4 topics will come up: immunity, cell division, the heart and enzymes.
essex_ellz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do we need to know any of the inorganic ions like the cations and anions for this exam tomorrow
wavesofmetanoia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys If your struggling on textbook revision and questions try downloading the app quizup and play the quiz I made on 'OCR AS Biology A'. It covers a range of topics with a whole bunch of questions that I'm still currently updating, it's just a fun and easy way to revise and it has personally helped me out a lot!
Follow the link below! :thumbsup:

http://link.q.is/Pnwc/QvKOBHPGFt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (74)
45.96%
No (87)
54.04%

Watched Threads