Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed Surrey for an AAB offer and I am very certain that the B is a C now

Do I have any chances of acceptance? (Aerospace engineering)

ReputationRep:
    Im kinda in the same situation, applied for the same course too, Aerospace Engineering.

This is what ive heard from different people. Some people I know got in with ABC , some got in with A*BC.
    I think the most important thing is if your C is not in maths or physics. You should be good.

ReputationRep:
    On open day they said lowest grades they would accept were B's (different course but same requirements).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdi96xd)
    Im kinda in the same situation, applied for the same course too, Aerospace Engineering.

This is what ive heard from different people. Some people I know got in with ABC , some got in with A*BC.
    I think the most important thing is if your C is not in maths or physics. You should be good.
    Ok that's good then. Because I am definitely sure I have got a C in my 3rd subject. I think I am capable of getting A*A in Maths and Physics respectively...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    On open day they said lowest grades they would accept were B's (different course but same requirements).
    Ergh, hopefully they concentrate more on my Maths and Physics grade lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're too harsh, a few dropped grades probably won't matter. My friend got onto Physics with ABB when the requirement was AAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelsToWaltz)
    I don't think they're too harsh, a few dropped grades probably won't matter. My friend got onto Physics with ABB when the requirement was AAB.
    I am pretty sure I won't get the grades and I know for sure I am coming out with ABC for an AAB course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    I am pretty sure I won't get the grades and I know for sure I am coming out with ABC for an AAB course
    Surrey's my insurance choice (Physics with Quantum Technologies); my offer was AAA but they added AAB if it includes Further Maths. I think they also said I can do the three year course with ABB. Seems like they're quite lenient; keep working until your last exam and you should be okay.

This thread might give you some confidence if you haven't already seen it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...786463&page=80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Surrey's my insurance choice (Physics with Quantum Technologies); my offer was AAA but they added AAB if it includes Further Maths. I think they also said I can do the three year course with ABB. Seems like they're quite lenient; keep working until your last exam and you should be okay.

This thread might give you some confidence if you haven't already seen it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...786463&page=80
    Thanks! I'll search Surrey in that thread and see . It's honestly the C grade that's bugging me. The A and B are in Maths and Physics though. I'll have my fingers crossed come results day.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.