Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey people
    I need help
    I think I have failed my GCSEs AKA my whole life
    there are people around me expecting me to get A stars in everything
    but I don't think I can and I have
    I don't think my mum and dad will love me anymore also because my elder sister got 10 a stars meaning that everyone expects me to get it as well
    I just want to run away somewhere and hide away from everybody because I know they will be disappointed in me
    what can I do
    pls just don't tell me that I will get good grades because I know I wont

(Original post by lauren1976)
    hey people
    I need help
    I don't think my mum and dad will love me anymore also because my elder sister got 10 a stars meaning that everyone expects me to get it as well
    I just want to run away somewhere and hide away from everybody because I know they will be disappointed in me
    what can I do
    First of all your parents WILL love you no matter what grades you get, as long as you've WORKED HARD for them
    Second, you cannot be 100% sure that you messed them up until results day. Plus you have more exams to come, at least be in a good frame of mind for those :yep:
    Third, don't run away. It will solve NOTHING and your parents would probably be worried sick.

If you want, PM me x Just take a few deep breaths and calm down :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    also you think your life is bad. I'm literally sitting alone, wrapped in a blanket listening to Taylor Swift...:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    well best get to revising for your AS levels to make it up.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I sort of gathered that from the other thread when you said you were considering getting a nose ring :lol:

ReputationRep:
    hey people
    I need help
    what can I do
    You'll be fine..
    I grew up in the shadow of a perfect older brother, straight As and all. But I wasn't bothered by it, they forgot me when he was around which gave me ample space to grow..
    They won't hate you because deep in their minds they know you 'are not perfect' as your other sibling. They'll be disappointed maybe, they'll say, if you won't bring A stars. Always remember that you run your own race..
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Right, GCSEs are not your whole life - they're not as essential as people make out, you don't need all A*s, I only got 1.

You'll be fine, just stop stressing out, if you want PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Right, GCSEs are not your whole life - they're not as essential as people make out, you don't need all A*s, I only got 1.

Agree! I only got 4 GCSEs and I'm doing OK. The experience is more important anyways. Employers don't really look at my grades on my CV they look at what experience I have and how I can use those skills in the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Relax,

GCSE's are not everything, nobody will care about them as you get older.

You still have a more exams left so you can still get good marks and rectify for earlier mistakes .

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    hey people
    I need help
    what can I do
    Breathe and stay calm. GCSE's are honestly just to get you into college and 99% of the time aren't used afterwards anyway. Don't stress over something insignificant. Your A-Levels are way more important, trust me (I've done my research ;P).
    I would talk to your parents about it because it'll calm you down knowing they have your back and they love you. At the end of the day your parents will be worried incase YOU'RE disappointed and not them

ReputationRep:

I agree, honestly it's disgraceful the amount of pressure that's put on students these days by teachers etc. Your grades don't define who you are

ReputationRep:
    It's not too late to turn to a life of crime. How much do you know about locks?

ReputationRep:
    I have retaken my GCSE's as I didn't do well last year. It will be fine
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PrincessPB)
    Agree! I only got 4 GCSEs and I'm doing OK. The experience is more important anyways. Employers don't really look at my grades on my CV they look at what experience I have and how I can use those skills in the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly

(Original post by TheNerdxP)
    I agree, honestly it's disgraceful the amount of pressure that's put on students these days by teachers etc. Your grades don't define who you are
    Indeed, they put the pressure on because the teachers need the grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I agree; I didn't get any A*'s at GCSE (I did get some A's though), and my A Level results aren't great either, but I got into university, so it's not essential that your grades are "perfect".
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by spotify95)
    I agree; I didn't get any A*'s at GCSE (I did get some A's though), and my A Level results aren't great either, but I got into university, so it's not essential that your grades are "perfect".
    Exactly, and my A-levels aren't looking great

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.