Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, I am a very sociable person who loves to have loads of fun (sometimes too much and I don't get my work done) but I'm also a strict vegetarian (also no eggs and some other stuff), I don't drink or any of that stuff and I personally don't really like parties ( a couple are fine, just not big on them).
    Because of all this I thought it might be easier to live in a studio in my first year at uni, waddaya think?

I just don't really feel like being forced to go to parties or anything...also I hate pda so like if my flatmates are big on that I don't think I could stand it, did u guys experience that a lot?

Money is not a problem really, but will I be that lonely? idk

TL;DR I live a pretty different lifestyle, might want to live in a studio, will i get lonely?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will. You will miss out of precious bonding.

Just don't go out partying although your flatmates won't see you as being close to them compared to the ones that go out. You won't be forced.

Or choose a non alcoholic accommodation. Normally these people don't go out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm like you except instead of being a veggie I have a hilarious amount of allergies and I'm antisocial As long as you're a chill person they won't mind you not drinking with them or other junk like that, I wouldn't say you should totally live alone just based on that. That being said I've lived alone for the last 2 years and it's honestly the greatest thing for me personally, I find having to deal with people constantly especially when I'm at home vexing, so YMMV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shreya108)
    I just don't really feel like being forced to go to parties or anything...also I hate pda so like if my flatmates are big on that I don't think I could stand it, did u guys experience that a lot?
    So don't do any of that if you don't want to. You don't have to be a sheep and follow the flock. But at the same time, you seriously need to chill out. All I thought of when I read your post was "Me me me me and ME... its all about me!"

The joy of living with others is that you discover that the world isn't about me, and that different people have different ways of doing things, some of which are awesome and some which are a bit annoying. You also discover just how annoying oneself can be to others and adjust accordingly.

Go in halls. It is a blast! Just chill out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    So don't do any of that if you don't want to. You don't have to be a sheep and follow the flock. But at the same time, you seriously need to chill out. All I thought of when I read your post was "Me me me me and ME... its all about me!"

The joy of living with others is that you discover that the world isn't about me, and that different people have different ways of doing things, some of which are awesome and some which are a bit annoying. You also discover just how annoying oneself can be to others and adjust accordingly.

Go in halls. It is a blast! Just chill out.
    Hmm you're right actually, thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    I'm like you except instead of being a veggie I have a hilarious amount of allergies and I'm antisocial As long as you're a chill person they won't mind you not drinking with them or other junk like that, I wouldn't say you should totally live alone just based on that. That being said I've lived alone for the last 2 years and it's honestly the greatest thing for me personally, I find having to deal with people constantly especially when I'm at home vexing, so YMMV
    nice to know you enjoyed it! I think I was mainly worried about the food thing, coz like I can never cook for everyone and stuff and so they might get annoyed that I cant help out that much :0 but i'm really happy to know that someone found it good to be alone, I hope I make the right decision for me in the end! Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    Yes you will. You will miss out of precious bonding.

Just don't go out partying although your flatmates won't see you as being close to them compared to the ones that go out. You won't be forced.

Or choose a non alcoholic accommodation. Normally these people don't go out.
    thats a great idea! thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    honestly, yes it will be will lonely and you'll struggle to make friends, people will also likely think it's a bit odd that you chose to live alone

no one is going to force you to drink, as long as you have fun and spend time with them it won't matter

parties are unavoidable and most studios are near bigger flats so you'll still hear the drunk partying students, it's all part of the experience

I've never experienced lots of PDA, in fact in 6 years I can't think of any examples (as in more than a quick peck) and I've spent plenty of time with couples

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.