Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to revise this subject. There's too many case studies. Any useful websites? or tips? I'm doing the AQA B exam.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, geography can seem very intimidating.
    Break up the revision into sections to make it more manageable.
    For case studies, you should learn the base outline to start off with and then build up by learning more and more detail. I would go through and highlight the important parts of the case study to start off with. Then use different colour pens for perhaps different sections of the case study, or perhaps using two different colours to define the base outline and the detail.
    Would recommend an app called 'quizlet.' You create the flashcards and then you can play different games or have tests to make sure that you know the content.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Alisha*)
    I can't seem to revise this subject. There's too many case studies. Any useful websites? or tips? I'm doing the AQA B exam.
    You're in Year 10, right? In Year 10, I was getting between C and U grades (the U was in my mock in Year 10). Now, I'm looking at As so it's all okay; I crammed on the day of my Physical Geography exam, for AQA A, and didn't do too bad (I don't think).

Also, don't stress about case studies; simply memorise a few key figures, relate to the impacts of these figures (e.g. x number of deaths may have led to the outbreak of cholera) and do whatever else really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    You're in Year 10, right? In Year 10, I was getting between C and U grades (the U was in my mock in Year 10). Now, I'm looking at As so it's all okay; I crammed on the day of my Physical Geography exam, for AQA A, and didn't do too bad (I don't think).

Also, don't stress about case studies; simply memorise a few key figures, relate to the impacts of these figures (e.g. x number of deaths may have led to the outbreak of cholera) and do whatever else really.
    I get C's for Geography even when I revise
    And thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    Yeah, geography can seem very intimidating.
    Break up the revision into sections to make it more manageable.
    For case studies, you should learn the base outline to start off with and then build up by learning more and more detail. I would go through and highlight the important parts of the case study to start off with. Then use different colour pens for perhaps different sections of the case study, or perhaps using two different colours to define the base outline and the detail.
    Would recommend an app called 'quizlet.' You create the flashcards and then you can play different games or have tests to make sure that you know the content.
    Good luck.
    I've already got the app Quizlet and it's really helpful and thank you for the idea of using different colour pens to write down the key points. Should I revise the concepts firsts though or the case studies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Alisha*)
    I've already got the app Quizlet and it's really helpful and thank you for the idea of using different colour pens to write down the key points. Should I revise the concepts firsts though or the case studies?
    Revise the content first. Then revise the case studies. You need to have a thorough understanding of the content so that you can apply it to the case studies. Even though the questions about the case studies are worth more marks, I would recommend learning the content first so that you can make links etc. It will also allow you to understand it better. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    Revise the content first. Then revise the case studies. You need to have a thorough understanding of the content so that you can apply it to the case studies. Even though the questions about the case studies are worth more marks, I would recommend learning the content first so that you can make links etc. It will also allow you to understand it better. Good luck
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    I found the case studies for Globalisaton, population and tourism. Its for AQA A though but may be similar to AQA B.
    https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...tudies-6375986

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.