The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrDystopia
The nerves bro.

You're the favourites. Just pray that LeBron doesn't go HAM and Kyrie plays on one leg :rofl:
Original post by Ras' Al Ghul
I thought that was the Jordans guy?

Yeah he's the greatest of all-time but he retired like 13 years ago lmfao.

Right now it's Stephen Curry.
Same feeling. Dubs are the favourites (And rightfully so given the entire season) in my eyes..but then damn Lebron is scary :_:

Sorry girls don't like basketball but I may just stop by still just to see what's up :colondollar:. Who should I support?

Be my friend and support LeBron. Or be my enemy and support Draymond :angry:

Just kidding.

But seriously... Cavs. :p:

Original post by eden3
:O... Nobody important. Just the greatest basketball player on the planet.

Pffft you said Steph not LeBron. :wink:

The nerves bro.

I'm pretty sure this is worse than the night before my last exam lol.
Original post by Rhythmical
Thank you. :smile: I don't want to apply altogether to be fair this year, a year out is what I need but I suppose I was the most excited and enthusiastic to apply to uni and yet here I am, finally changing my mind. People will probably say I'm indecisive or I'm too old now to choose my career path.

Nooo, hon, you're never too old to choose your career path! Take a year out, take two, it's totally up to you!
You see 80 year-old grandparents graduating from uni nowadays and it's so inspiring to see! Makes me wish I had done more with my time before being bogged down with education. My ex-flatmate was 24 when he started uni with me (I was 18) - I envy how much he's achieved purely because he did so much with his years before uni and he's a lot wiser.
The world is your oyster. :smile: :hugs:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

Don't be prisoner of the moment and let the Finals fool you - it's been Steph for a while :tongue:
I think I am good enough, the problem is though people always assume I'm big headed if I believe in myself.

Eff them thinking your confidence is big headed-ness, sometimes you'll find the people who are supposed to be helpful in these situations often put you down. Just eff their opinion and do what you feel is best :smile:
Original post by RobML
I don't mind as long as it helps

Okay well here is the rant

So here it is. I guess I'm feeling low because a lot of people in school are saying how I'm being quite arrogant and cocky because I think I could do well at AS yet I believe if you think you will fail, the likelihood of that happening is greater with that mindset. But also lately I've been feeling as if the subjects I do aren't to do with my intended career path which is Biomedical Science and I have two options, either do an Access course or do A Levels privately next year. My school also started UCAS applications and I feel so angry for being made to do it when I didn't want to apply yet, I feel as if I can't do something related to English as I'll hate it. I feel like I've messed everything up for knowing what I want to do at the age of 18 instead of 16 per second. But then I guess I'm feeling depressed because I feel as if my friends at school are becoming boring and we've all drifted apart and there is one person who just pisses me off completely it angers me to death. And I find myself crying or being sad and emotional at the most smallest things ever. But I guess now A2 has begun, I'm worried that one of my teachers will mess it up like they did for AS and not teach me anything and ruin my chances for anything and the last time I reported him, it didn't go down too well

I do apologise for this horrible rant. There was more I was going to cover but my mind went blank at half 12 in the morning
Original post by eden3
Don't be prisoner of the moment and let the Finals fool you - it's been Steph for a while :tongue:

NBA finals is all that matters :wink: There's a reason you can't break top 10 all time without 2 FMVP!

Reply in the NBA thread, or we'll end up hijacking
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Be my friend and support LeBron. Or be my enemy and support Draymond :angry:

Just kidding.

But seriously... Cavs. :p:

I'm pretty sure this is worse than the night before my last exam lol.

I actually heard the name LeBron before so I can support him. This Stephen sounds like an old white guy. Never heard of him lol
I actually heard the name LeBron before so I can support him. This Stephen sounds like an old white guy. Never heard of him lol

now you know what the best player on the planet looks like.
Original post by Mochassassin
Nooo, hon, you're never too old to choose your career path! Take a year out, take two, it's totally up to you!
You see 80 year-old grandparents graduating from uni nowadays and it's so inspiring to see! Makes me wish I had done more with my time before being bogged down with education. My ex-flatmate was 24 when he started uni with me (I was 18) - I envy how much he's achieved purely because he did so much with his years before uni and he's a lot wiser.
The world is your oyster. :smile: :hugs:

That is true, just means I'm going to have to work my butt off but school is probably to to put me down as I'm not even applying and it disgusts me, does intelligence have to equate to a university degree? I'm just applying at a later stage in my life

Original post by Eternalflames
Eff them thinking your confidence is big headed-ness, sometimes you'll find the people who are supposed to be helpful in these situations often put you down. Just eff their opinion and do what you feel is best :smile:

Whenever I try to, they take it the wrong way or find my behaviour quite cocky and very opinionated. I know I'm quite critical and very much so confident but at the same time, I am insecure and I generally think I worked harder than my class mates to even suggest a good grade..
Original post by SeanFM
Some people in this world are absolute *******s. I could go for the clichéd 'they're the ones that you have to prove wrong' but I would just say - **** them. If someone tells you that you're not going to achieve what you want to then they can clear off.

I mess things up to - I know how you feel. It can leave you full of regret or perpetually face palming or cause you to want to give up. I get that. But mistakes are the things that you learn best from, not when you get things right, and if you focus on the now rather than the present or the future (to some extent) and don't give up/just keep moving, the brokenness/emptiness feels like it isn't there, most of the time. Even if no one else will, I do believe in you.

:hugs:

You always know how to cheer me up :hugs: I'm hoping on results day I can make them speechless by having better grades than any of them, half of them didn't even revise or even worked hard so to suggest I'm too confident when I found my exams easy and that I revised hard is a bad thing, should I be upset and say I'm a failure?
That is true, just means I'm going to have to work my butt off but school is probably to to put me down as I'm not even applying and it disgusts me, does intelligence have to equate to a university degree? I'm just applying at a later stage in my life

Don't apply just because school is telling you to! And no, intelligence does not equate to a university degree at all. It's disgusting to think your school is attempting to measure your worth based on whether you're getting a degree or not.
Good luck with it all. :smile:

Whenever I try to, they take it the wrong way or find my behaviour quite cocky and very opinionated. I know I'm quite critical and very much so confident but at the same time, I am insecure and I generally think I worked harder than my class mates to even suggest a good grade..

I would honestly leave the school, I think you mentioned wanting to start over. Say goodbye to these unhelpful people and start over at a new place.
Thank you lovely :hugs: things are a bit ****, I suppose when I'm in the mood then I may discuss it with you or when I've perked up and decided that I'm not about to give up but kinda feels weird posting right now tbh.

awwwww :cry2: you better discuss it with me :hmmm: :lol:
we all are missing your presence though :redface:
Then you should join my new thread :biggrin:

link me to it :innocent:
Original post by fatima1998
awwwww :cry2: you better discuss it with me :hmmm: :lol:
we all are missing your presence though :redface:

link me to it :innocent:

I have logged in and I keep getting notifications, it is so bizarre really when I've disappeared for a few days.

Original post by Eternalflames
I would honestly leave the school, I think you mentioned wanting to start over. Say goodbye to these unhelpful people and start over at a new place.

See I have considered it but then it would mean I probably couldn't finish the subjects I'm doing now and although I hate them, I wouldn't want to not complete them. One more year couldn't hurt me at all I'm sure.

Original post by Mochassassin
Don't apply just because school is telling you to! And no, intelligence does not equate to a university degree at all. It's disgusting to think your school is attempting to measure your worth based on whether you're getting a degree or not.
Good luck with it all. :smile:

Thank you :biggrin: and I know so, I guess all they care about is money and reputation which is sad really.

Thank you :hugs: I try not to let them get to me but I just break down and they get to me..

Awww :console:

Personally, I think being sensitive is definitely a good thing. People will inevitably say/do stuff to hurt you but it's all about recognising that you have more important things to be getting on with (i.e your life/future). :yes: Easier said than done, I know :s-smilie:
Reply 1117
Forgotten - but perhaps it's for the best.
I have logged in and I keep getting notifications, it is so bizarre really when I've disappeared for a few days.

we kept tagging you for "drawing" thing but you didn't come :bawling:
Reply 1119
Okay well here is the rant

So here it is. I guess I'm feeling low because a lot of people in school are saying how I'm being quite arrogant and cocky because I think I could do well at AS yet I believe if you think you will fail, the likelihood of that happening is greater with that mindset. But also lately I've been feeling as if the subjects I do aren't to do with my intended career path which is Biomedical Science and I have two options, either do an Access course or do A Levels privately next year. My school also started UCAS applications and I feel so angry for being made to do it when I didn't want to apply yet, I feel as if I can't do something related to English as I'll hate it. I feel like I've messed everything up for knowing what I want to do at the age of 18 instead of 16 per second. But then I guess I'm feeling depressed because I feel as if my friends at school are becoming boring and we've all drifted apart and there is one person who just pisses me off completely it angers me to death. And I find myself crying or being sad and emotional at the most smallest things ever. But I guess now A2 has begun, I'm worried that one of my teachers will mess it up like they did for AS and not teach me anything and ruin my chances for anything and the last time I reported him, it didn't go down too well

I do apologise for this horrible rant. There was more I was going to cover but my mind went blank at half 12 in the morning

If anyone has the capacity to look down on another for having confidence and the ambition that results from that, it's anyone's guess who's going to go further in life. That is just an idiotic, regressive mindset from them.
Not falling into anything half-heartedly is not "messing up" at all. I think it's a sign of maturity to thinkabout what'll fulfill you in the long-term rather than what is easier to do in the now; you take your time and I promise things will work out. I still had no idea about the direction of my life after taking a gap year and being halfway through a uni degree I wasn't all that sure about. Now I've taken a step back and have gotten somewhere where I know I want to be, and all that time of deliberation hasn't really affected me negatively at all. If working towards bioscience is what you want to do, then do that.
And about friends, until starting uni again last year I can honestly say I've never actually had what I'd call a proper friends group- everything prior was like it was forced as if I needed to consider them friends as a social necessity, but of course you can't force these things and we've completely drifted apart. At my current uni I've made a great group of friends who I've opened up to more than any others and I couldn't be happier with that situation. You can do the same easily.
I think the advice weaving its way through all of this is the cliched "believe in yourself", and of course, persevere!

Latest