Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    co op expect me to be paid until 11.15pm but i am actually told i have to work for no pay or time after hop shut until 12.45am...this doesn't seem right

ReputationRep:
    If you're working; you get paid. What you've heard isn't correct.

ReputationRep:
    no it has happened to a few people. its a local store open until 11. this week i didn't get to leave until 12.45am but i only have a 9 hour contract. has anyone else had this issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oceanmum)
    no it has happened to a few people. its a local store open until 11. this week i didn't get to leave until 12.45am but i only have a 9 hour contract. has anyone else had this issue
    You need to query it. Ask if you're getting extra hours for the additional work.
    If you're staying late to help with changeover, rebrand work or Being Co-op activities, there's a chance there's extra hours floating around pay for it. If it's genuinely the fact that you're staying there and getting no extra money then you should complain.

There'll be next to nobody on here in the same position, the odds of getting replies are nearly zero.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I recently got a job at co-op, my first ever job besides voluntary work, I went in yesterday to fill out papers so I can be on their system with the manager, took 3hrs! However, he said I have to have training on the checkouts, and he wants me to work on the cash registers however, I'm very shy.. what's it like? Is it easy? What should I do about my nerves?

ReputationRep:
    my son didnt like the tills to start but its a small supermarket ad he got used it and likes the interaction with the customers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.