Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right so ive started to get my gear together, have a helmet, gloves and some leather bottoms. I want to buy a Yamaha yzf-r125 which will cost me roughly £1,500. My insurance will be roughly £1,300 for my first year and I can support these funds as I work. Im still not 17 though, and turn 17 in December. I was thinking of just doing my CBT, buying my 125 and then waiting till December to ride it but im not sure if this is a good decision as ill have to start it up every week at least once to keep the engine lubricated. I mean i would go on rides in a place called CarDrome you pay £15 and ride on private property for however long you want, no insurance no license completely legally. Whats your thoughts and opinions?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, lubricating the engine won't take very long and a couple of minutes Rickover should keep it running well. It's nice to hear that you want to ensure that your bike will last. Personally I would wait until December though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that. Tick over not Rickover

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gah, its just because i want it so bad lol. I mean practise before i get out on the big road will be better too wont it? 6 months atleast once a month on the bike riding at CarDrome? Save up for modifications and such.

(Original post by WillsWheels)
    To be honest, lubricating the engine won't take very long and a couple of minutes Rickover should keep it running well. It's nice to hear that you want to ensure that your bike will last. Personally I would wait until December though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One question, if i buy the bike, i wont be able to ride it back and the bike wont be insured. So can my friend with a full bike license and insured to ride other bikes ride it back? Is that legal?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's just as if your letting him borrow it. I don't see a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd say go for it, practice and get used to it. Better that than go out into the road the first time and be less experienced than you could've been on a bike.

ReputationRep:
    Even though I wouldn't recommend taking advice from the one who doesn't speak..... I do agree with the above

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.