The Student Room Group

Town planning

I haven't been able to go to uni for a year now, because of lack of UCAS points to do my course which is town planning, I couldn't go college because I have already done a level three BTEC and I would need to pay money to do another level 3 course or foundation in college. I am really passionate about town planning and i want to do a degree in town planning but I have no idea of how long it would take me to get into this course, however I was advised to do architecture instead so that I can go to uni this year to not waste any more time, but I really want to do town planning what should I do?

Any links to get into town planning would be appreciated.
Original post by Zneme
I haven't been able to go to uni for a year now, because of lack of UCAS points to do my course which is town planning, I couldn't go college because I have already done a level three BTEC and I would need to pay money to do another level 3 course or foundation in college. I am really passionate about town planning and i want to do a degree in town planning but I have no idea of how long it would take me to get into this course, however I was advised to do architecture instead so that I can go to uni this year to not waste any more time, but I really want to do town planning what should I do?

Any links to get into town planning would be appreciated.

What strange advice! I haven't looked, but I'd be extrememly surprised if the UCAS points for town planning are as high as architecture? It is very competitive to get on to an architecture course, a lot of hard work when you do get on a course and 7 years to fully qualify. If you're passionate about architecture then none of that matters. However, if you're passionate about town planning then you should do what you have to do to study that. (if only there were still planners who had trained as architects).

You don't say how old you are, but I'm guessing that when you say not waste any more time, it's not a race between the grim reaper and completing a degree ; ) can you get a job in the field to gain experience? They might even contribute to your fees? If you're over 25 you count as a mature student and experience may be taking into account alongside UCAS points. Are there part time courses, or else look at post-graduate conversion courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending