Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    All I ever do on here is ask for help or advice and I'm about to change this.

I'm lucky enough to be trilingual and German is one of the 3 languages I speak. I've just skimmed through the GCSE/A-level German threads and I'm amazed at how many of you struggle with grammar, vocabulary, speaking, etc. It's when I read posts like yours that I really think about how very lucky I am. I know I'm not the only one on here who's fluent in German but I just wanted to let you all know I'm here to help in any way I can. Feel free to PM me with any grammar/vocabulary questions, or if you want to practise speaking, just PM me your skype ID and we can go from there. I'm also happy to look over your essays if that's what you need. Of course you're also welcome to comment in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    All I ever do on here is ask for help or advice and I'm about to change this.

I'm lucky enough to be trilingual and German is one of the 3 languages I speak. I've just skimmed through the GCSE/A-level German threads and I'm amazed at how many of you struggle with grammar, vocabulary, speaking, etc. It's when I read posts like yours that I really think about how very lucky I am. I know I'm not the only one on here who's fluent in German but I just wanted to let you all know I'm here to help in any way I can. Feel free to PM me with any grammar/vocabulary questions, or if you want to practise speaking, just PM me your skype ID and we can go from there. I'm also happy to look over your essays if that's what you need. Of course you're also welcome to comment in this thread.
    Could you recommend any podcasts for a false beginner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I was just wondering that, if you could help me correct this sentence, or at least, have a look if it makes sense. It is for my German writing exam.
    "Wennich reich werde, habe ich mich entschlossen dass, ich viele Computerspielenkaufen will."I want to say: When I will be rich, i have decided that I will buy lots of computer games. The bold part is the part i'm not sure if it's correct. Please and thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corbee)
    Hi there, I was just wondering that, if you could help me correct this sentence, or at least, have a look if it makes sense. It is for my German writing exam.
    "Wennich reich werde, habe ich mich entschlossen dass, ich viele Computerspielenkaufen will."I want to say: When I will be rich, i have decided that I will buy lots of computer games. The bold part is the part i'm not sure if it's correct. Please and thank you!

I don't know which part you mean because I can't see, but
    "Wenn ich reich werde, habe ich mich entschlossen/entschieden, dass ich viele Computerspiele kaufen werde."

but it'd be more natural to say
    "Ich habe mich entschieden, viele Computerspiele zu kaufen, wenn ich reich werde."

I'd simply say
    "Wenn ich reich werde, kaufe ich mir viele Computerspiele."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    Could you recommend any podcasts for a false beginner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry I've only just seen this! I'll PM you, ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Oh sorry I've only just seen this! I'll PM you, ok?
    Ok. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.