Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I think I want to do medicine and I'm thinking of choosing biology, chemistry and then a language(either Spanish or French) and a humanity(history or rs, maybe politics) for AS. And then drop either the language or the humanity. Not sure if this is wise....any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Seems fine. You wouldn't be able to apply to Cambridge, who want three sciences, but everywhere else would be ok with those choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Seems fine. You wouldn't be able to apply to Cambridge, who want three sciences, but everywhere else would be ok with those choices.
    I'm also good at maths, do you think that would be encouraged more instead of a language or humanity?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AnyaO)
    I'm also good at maths, do you think that would be encouraged more instead of a language or humanity?
    Only if you like maths and are more likely to get an A in it than the language/humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Only do a language if you enjoy it and are likely to get an A/A* in it- I know a lot of people who did a language because they thought it looked impressive and absolutely bombed it. Obviously it depends on your situation, and if you love languages, then do it. Like ForestCat said, you're far better off doing a subject you enjoy and are likely to do well in. As long as you do Chemistry (and preferably Biology), you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbatothinkofone)
    Only do a language if you enjoy it and are likely to get an A/A* in it- I know a lot of people who did a language because they thought it looked impressive and absolutely bombed it. Obviously it depends on your situation, and if you love languages, then do it. Like ForestCat said, you're far better off doing a subject you enjoy and are likely to do well in. As long as you do Chemistry (and preferably Biology), you'll be fine.
    Thank you I really enjoy taking two languages for GCSE so I think I would like to take one of them to A level...we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Only if you like maths and are more likely to get an A in it than the language/humanity.
    Thanks for advice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.