Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There is this girl I have been best friends with for the past 6 years and we could literally not be closer. The problem is I am completely and totally in love with her. I told her this nearly 3 years ago but I stressed that it is fine if she didn't like me and I would understand. To this day she has never told me she doesn't like me and it kills me because I am so hopeful in the back of my mind even after all this time. She has a boyfriend (and has had the same one since I told her I liked her) and regardless about a month after I told her I liked her SHE kissed ME. She continued to do so until I told her I couldn't if she had a boyfriend. She knows that I will always be here even if she didn't chose me. We are still unbelievably close and she is staying with me alone for a month in the summer and I am so happy to spend the time with her and we are still very close (closer than friends should be) and I know she expects kisses and such and I love her but I can't if she has her boyfriend (who to this day knows not a thing). She is unfair to me in the way that she treats me like she wants to be with me. She wants us to have the same relationship her and her boyfriend have (without anyone knowing) until she can make up her mind about what she is going to do. I don't know if I can wait for her to make a decision or if she is good for me to have in my life. But I care about her so much. We are best friends and know everything about each other. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmine5899)
    There is this girl I have been best friends with for the past 6 years and we could literally not be closer. The problem is I am completely and totally in love with her. I told her this nearly 3 years ago but I stressed that it is fine if she didn't like me and I would understand. To this day she has never told me she doesn't like me and it kills me because I am so hopeful in the back of my mind even after all this time. She has a boyfriend (and has had the same one since I told her I liked her) and regardless about a month after I told her I liked her SHE kissed ME. She continued to do so until I told her I couldn't if she had a boyfriend. She knows that I will always be here even if she didn't chose me. We are still unbelievably close and she is staying with me alone for a month in the summer and I am so happy to spend the time with her and we are still very close (closer than friends should be) and I know she expects kisses and such and I love her but I can't if she has her boyfriend (who to this day knows not a thing). She is unfair to me in the way that she treats me like she wants to be with me. She wants us to have the same relationship her and her boyfriend have (without anyone knowing) until she can make up her mind about what she is going to do. I don't know if I can wait for her to make a decision or if she is good for me to have in my life. But I care about her so much. We are best friends and know everything about each other. What should I do?
    Sounds like she is stringing you along a bit. I wouldnt get involved with her while she has a bf, even if you really want to, as this will probably hurt you more in the long run. This is a tricky one, sry i cant give you more advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmine5899)
    stay friends and if she has a boyfriend don't do **** till she dumps him or something... but it doesn't seem right how her boyfriend knows nothing... I wouldn't stress about it.. ... I am pretty sure ur gonna find someone who treats you better...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.