Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im 18, ive been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. We are honestly great as far as relationships go, however, he has a 15 year old sister. She absolutely hates the guts out of me, when we went on holiday she tried to punch me and shes tried numerous times since. I think she hates me because im so involved with the family when shes a very secluded teenager. I just dont know what to do, ive been nothing but nicer to her than i am to anyone else to try to win her over even after she hit me on holiday. Has anyone else been through this situation and got out of it happily?
    -he is completely on my side and has argued with her many times over this
    -i have spoken to their parents and they have no idea what to do either
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    His sister is a total b and you don't have to do her favours to win her over. She's nearly grown so she'll figure it out soon and learn for herself how not to behave.

Since its his family you cant really ask him to choose you or them because that's a bit too much. You can wait for him to move out and never have anything to do with his sister for a while or you can reduce your activities with him around his sister. Hes on your side so he'd understand. I don't think you should give someone who's 15 a chance if they've done these kind of things many times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    she sounds really childish for a 15 year old

ReputationRep:
    Tried to punch you?!

She sounds horrible. Even if you annoy her, there is no justification for attacking you.

Nothing you can do. You will probably break up in the next few years anyway. No offence.

ReputationRep:
    Should I just try and wait for her to grow out of it? Would you not recommend trying to talk about it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.