Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So im in a pretty bad state of mind. I have my first A2 exam next thursday, and the pressure and unpreparedness is giving me regualar anxiety attacks. To add to this, my twin sister suffered a brain hemorrage last week and is still in hospital, so ive been sick with worry and fear over the most important revision period. On top of this, my parents spend most of their time yelling at each other infront of me, and threatening to walk out. I'm on the verge of a breakdown, and im about to screw up my exams as a result.

What would you suggest i do? Should i speak to an exams officer? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Talking to the exam officer is probably the best idea. You might be able to get extenuating circumstances because of the stress you're under. It might also be a good idea for you to talk to your GP about the anxiety attacks - there is help available for these, you don't need to suffer alone. :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So im in a pretty bad state of mind. I have my first A2 exam next thursday, and the pressure and unpreparedness is giving me regualar anxiety attacks. To add to this, my twin sister suffered a brain hemorrage last week and is still in hospital, so ive been sick with worry and fear over the most important revision period. On top of this, my parents spend most of their time yelling at each other infront of me, and threatening to walk out. I'm on the verge of a breakdown, and im about to screw up my exams as a result.

What would you suggest i do? Should i speak to an exams officer? Thanks
    Yes talk to your exams officer. They can talk through your options with you. I would expect you are entitled to extenuating circumstances or simmilar.

You may also benefit from seeing a doctor about all of this they can direct you to counseing or therapy. Your college will probably also have a counseling service you can see so that's another option.

My home life got really stressful when members of my family were unwell. Everybody was fighting or clearly trynig to avoid a fight and I felt like there was no escaping it. I found it helpful to just get out the house and listen to some music or something to avoid it for a while. I also started seeing a counsellor and talking to my friends about it. It didn't fix anything but it did help. Eventually once all the health issues were sorted people got back to normal and stopped fighting. It was a really rough time but it ended up alright.

Remember you aren't alone. There are people who have or are going through simmilar and people who are there to support you. Don't be afraid to reach out

Thanks so much for the advice guys, i feel a bit more positive about it. I think i'll speak to my exams officer on monday

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.