Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, this is the first month of Ramadan I have to fake fast and the only reason I could fast in the past was because I thought it was compulsory because I was Muslim so it made it easier but since I no longer believe, it means I just can't get myself to fast this year, so I don't want to fast just to go along with it and I'd like to eat
    I'm also trying to lose weight and eat healthier and fasting always causes me to put on weight so again I want to eat some small 'meals' throughout the day to keep everything steady

I need some ideas of foods I can keep in my room that will last the month cos I have no reason to go out in Ramadan I can't pop to the shops and my parents mainly my dad would be onto me

I don't want junk food, like crisps, plus that stuff will give you energy crashes and isn't slow release, I will get some dark chocolate and I have rice cakes and peanut butter, any other ideas? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ice Cream!

ReputationRep:
    Lol good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Packets of haram maybe? It doesn't even need to be refrigerated.

Jk

Granola bars? I was thinking packets of couscous where all you need to do is add water, but the smell will give it away. Perhaps, sandwiches, but you can't keep that in your room.

Granola bars it is, various nuts, etc...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I would personally say, cut the baggage, religion is a past-time IMO.

WHOOPS was a bit of a TLDR Post, are you allowed out? Do you have any friends that can help you?

ReputationRep:
    You are a girl right? So you should have a one week break at some point so you could still top up your stock...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Make your 'break' last for a little longer than usual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotReallyMe)
    Hi guys, this is the first month of Ramadan I have to fake fast and the only reason I could fast in the past was because I thought it was compulsory because I was Muslim so it made it easier but since I no longer believe, it means I just can't get myself to fast this year, so I don't want to fast just to go along with it and I'd like to eat
    I'm also trying to lose weight and eat healthier and fasting always causes me to put on weight so again I want to eat some small 'meals' throughout the day to keep everything steady

I need some ideas of foods I can keep in my room that will last the month cos I have no reason to go out in Ramadan I can't pop to the shops and my parents mainly my dad would be onto me

I don't want junk food, like crisps, plus that stuff will give you energy crashes and isn't slow release, I will get some dark chocolate and I have rice cakes and peanut butter, any other ideas? Thanks!
    What made you leave?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same predicament I am in. Good luck dude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When you have to secretly eat from your own family , peak.

I'll be fasting , cause im too lazy to eat topkek

ReputationRep:
    Is it that time of the year again?

ReputationRep:
    Its only noon. Isn't it too early to be drinking?

ReputationRep:
    Haribos, mamos,chocolate,crisp stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    Porridge + Banana + fruit smoothie ,2L of water and yogurt always works for me . I dont feel hungry and play football for 3 hours before iftar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nh_15)
    What made you leave?
    It's a whole range of things, and it's very difficult to pinpoint a reason because it was all due to very subtle new ways of thinking I'd begun to understand, basically for about a year I'd been into a lot of personal development and actualization, everything I learnt changed my whole thinking process and world view, however this was all happening under the surface, I didn't really realise just how much of a paradigm shift my mind went through, but everything soon came together and bubbled to the surface.
    I begun seeing life beyond the framework of thinking I had been functioning from my entire life. I was seeing the whole of life and human existence at the very core, in terms of the systems, our belief systems and what human knowledge is, how humans develop from a societal and individual level throughout history, I saw everything as a concept, human language and ideas are all concepts and representations, I begun seeing what the human ego is and how it plays a role in everything we are and think we are and what we do.
    Now all that's fine and dandy, and when I was a Muslim I would have said yes, but God created all these elements, he created us to think this way, our psyche was built with ego and that's the system God put in place for us to think from, just like how he created a system for everything else.
    The problem is, this idea was completely challenged and obliterated because once I learnt such deep fundamentals about the human ego, I learnt the human ego is something that is completely a sufferable place to function from as humans and is a construct, all our suffering comes from the ego, and guess what, the Quran says or I think it was the prophet, that ego is bad destroy it! So all is well right? No, because then I saw how the entire system of religion, the way God functions, the things he speaks about, the laws he imposes, everything about religion right from the very roots, it all functions from a place of the ego, that's when I realised that one, God has an ego, and two, god is therefore a human as humans have the ego, God isn't supposed to have an ego, therefore meaning religion was constructed by humans.

that exact moment where I saw God and religion functioning as a human I can pinpoint though, I don't know how and what we were saying but I got into a random discussion out of the blue about the devil with a family member, it was about something else but it prompted me to think about the devil, i have a bad memory when it comes to all the thinking processes I go through in my head, so I can't recall exactly the questions I asked myself and the answers, but I remember I kept asking questions which challenged the idea of the devil existing and I got deeper and deeper until I came to a realisation that the devil is just a concept constructed by humans more than a thousand years ago to represent all the selfish and egoic deeds that come from the human ego, therefore these are labelled as 'bad' and therefore these are a function of the 'devil' but the devil actually means the human ego. Of course even the human ego is a concept, and due to the level of development and the way humans expressed themselves in those days, this was the way that people were able to communicate their ideas of good and bad and human egoic action in a very simple manner, that could be widespreadly communicated to the masses. And all the books of religion, amassed into this big giant system which aimed to explain it all. After the devil concept part, more and more started to come together, my after thoughts and learning extended that one thought about the devil into a more comprehensive understanding. For example, you know how before we were born there was complete nothing? I believe (look I said believe, everything we humans say is just a belief, even though this belief is more observable I still see all human knowledge as a big web of beliefs) that oblivion and complete nothingness is our true existential nature. The idea of 'you' comes from the psyche that we have, we attach meaning to everything, it's what the ego does, but when you watch what you are, your thoughts, when you ask where you're located, it all leads back to that existential nothing that exists before your organism and consciousness arises. I won't go into all that, but my point of mentioning that was, that description shows how you are omnipresent, because that nothingness exists infinitely! And since you aren't even this imaginary soul or your thoughts or your brain, you are that omnipresence (everything that comes and goes can't be you, you wouldn't say you are your arm or a thought or consciousness because when you sleep you're consciousness comes and goes, but that's a whole other topic) And that is exactly how God is described, God is described as omnipresent and not functioning from the ego. As soon as you remove your ego, you get in touch with that omnipresent nothingness that you really are. And that is another example of how humans used concepts to attempt to describe the source of life, but it all got lost in the symbolism and turned into this big system of do this not that, and a lot of human ego got mixed into it, but I believe the founders of all the religions, the prophets, Jesus and Mohammed etc, they understood and wanted to attempt to communicate this deeper meaning of their message, but it didn't quite work. And if you recall, Mohammed would sit in caves for days, what was he doing? He went for breaks, I believe he was doing nothing I.e. He was meditating, and meditation is a way of observing the human thoughts and ego, what happens when you meditate at a deep deep level and you do it a lot is, you realise that you and your ego are concepts, Muhammad and the others, they connected to what their true existential nature was through their meditation practices.

now holy sh** I kind of just purged everything out onto the page for the first time, you asked a small question so innocently 😂 So have fun reading this. The thing is, when I told my best friends I'm atheist I couldn't explain anything at the time, It takes time to gather everything that went into this process of leaving, what I mentioned was just the beginning that Kickstarted it and I've had many thoughts since which have reinforced my atheism, which I've just let go of and not tried to remember, that only took two weeks to happen till I completely accepted I was atheist, it was an intense two weeks full of spontaneous thought, for that reason it's just impossible to keep track of everything to tell someone, so with my friends
    I gave very very vague answers, I hardly explained anything, it's just very difficult to answer that question with all that went into it, but I found it easier to explain a small part of it in writing, hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    Is it that time of the year again?
    Oh yes time of year it is that - yoda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Literally the entire shifts of energy and focus captured in a nutshell, I feel dizzy just thinking about looking at it again

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sorry for those of you who have to pretend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    Packets off haram maybe? It doesn't even need to be refrigerated.

Jk

Granola bars? I was thinking packets of couscous where all you need to do is add water, but the smell will give it away. Perhaps, sandwiches, but you can't keep that in your room.

Granola bars it is, various nuts, etc...
    I'm usually very unsociable during this time, having no energy justifies sitting around in my room all day so lm not worried about smell, thanks! Mostly I'll have to give in to having some crisps and a few granola bars too. I'm going to be shopping for it all with my sis tomorrow, I think it'll be pretty hilarious from my PoV of her PoV seeing me stuff stacks of stuff like this into the basket, like woah I must be hungry, I'm only meant to be popping in for a snack and there's only two days to eat it all in till Ramadan 😂

ReputationRep:
    Watermelon is the best! :drool:

Especially the hot days... Don't know if it will be hot this Ramadan. :erm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.