Does anyone here wear a watch? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    rolex - birthday present

ReputationRep:
    Michael Kors - bday present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Scorchy)
    What watch do you have and how much did it cost?

Mine is the classic F-91W which nearly always costs £7. It has a stopwatch and an alarm clock (do your analog watches have that? No? Exactly.).
    Same! I've had this make for years but I find the straps snap after a while
    My absolute favourite is the Casio Ladies LA670WGA-1 in gold with the black face, it's so dreamy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Same! I've had this make for years but I find the straps snap after a while
    My absolute favourite is the Casio Ladies LA670WGA-1 in gold with the black face, it's so dreamy...
    You have good taste.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Bulova watch (sentimental piece from my dad) and I've worn it everyday for the last 7 years (oh gosh, has it been that long?)!!! It'll probably last another 30+ years, I'm hoping. It's from the Millennium line, and the black face doubles as a solar panel. I love it - the only complaint I have is that in the winter, when my watch is hidden under my sleeve all day or when there's just not that much sunlight out, my watch will stop every few days. I immediately put it under a light source and it starts up again! There's enough energy storage for last about a week without sunlight..

ReputationRep:
    Ancient thread but I wear a really small silver pearl-faced Pulsar watch that my aunt gave me.

ReputationRep:
    Never needed a watch since getting a phone (no one even asks what the time is anymore either since everyone has a phone) which now makes me regret all the hundreds I've spent on all my michael kors watches

ReputationRep:
    My watch came from Marks and Spencers ......... cost me £35

ReputationRep:
    Apple watch, I love paying for things with it, I feel like I'm in some sci-fi future world when I do.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear a Moto360 but I ended up selling it for a small profit as I didn't use the "smart" functions enough.

I now wear a Casio G-Shock (don't remember the model number). I don't really wear a watch at home though - only when I'm out and about.

ReputationRep:
    I always wear my Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso

ReputationRep:
    for the past 4 years my mum's given me a watch for my birthday from 15-19th -

Armani simple leather i think £150
    Hugo boss black leather £175
    Thomas Sabo rose gold link watch £275
    Armani silver chain link - £250

I wear the leather ones all the time but not the others 😁😁 expensive but they were gifts

ReputationRep:
    Vintage Rolex Submariner passed down for two generations, the price for a new one should be £6-7k.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it cost £188 but that was with special codes as it was previously £349

ReputationRep:
    I have a Michael Kors one that my partner bought me last Christmas. I've got loads of cheap (mainly Lipsy) watches lying around the house but I generally wear them until the batteries run out and don't bother getting the batteries changed.
    This one however is well looked after and worn usually for best. It was bought for me after the second hand one I bought that cost me £85 turned out to be a dud This one cost £152 in the Goldsmiths sale (I chose it)

ReputationRep:
    I have a £974 watch and I don't know how to read the time. I have clocks everywhere in the house and I don't even use it. I don't know how to read time.

ReputationRep:
    I have a gold digital Casio and it was around £50-£55. I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Rolex daydate ii Presidential
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but usually cheap (<£20) watches - most of the real expensive ones (>£100) don't do much more than a £50 (or so) watch would do.

There is a limit as to how cheap you can go though, before the actual timekeeping skills become questionable. Go below £5 for a watch at your own risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Yes, but usually cheap (<£20) watches - most of the real expensive ones (>£100) don't do much more than a £50 (or so) watch would do.

There is a limit as to how cheap you can go though, before the actual timekeeping skills become questionable. Go below £5 for a watch at your own risk.
    Real expensive ones are worth thousands not hundreds... actually, my friends and I would call "really expensive" only those that cost tens of thousands or even more, but that's relative to the Swiss made ("luxury") watches market.

it's not only about function, but design, mechanism, story of the watchmaker and of the particular model, style, combination of potentially rare elements.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.