Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought this would be helpful for current students who would like to pursue medicine to get some insight on various unis from students experiencing it first hand.
    So, for all the current medical students: Which Uni are you at currently? Why did you choose it? What are your thoughts on it now? What is the best and worst aspects of studying there? What is something you think that makes it different from the same courses at other universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shania.d.f)
    I thought this would be helpful for current students who would like to pursue medicine to get some insight on various unis from students experiencing it first hand.
    So, for all the current medical students: Which Uni are you at currently? Why did you choose it? What are your thoughts on it now? What is the best and worst aspects of studying there? What is something you think that makes it different from the same courses at other universities?
    One of my friend went to Birmingham and other to UCL. Both are happy. They both chose respective Uni because the courses, style of teaching (PBL or not) reputation,. One reason UCL was chosen because it is London. So many things will influcence choosing the uni. I will try to list (which may not be complete):

Course,
    City
    Distance from home
    Style of teaching
    Extra curricular activity: Sports
    Library facilities
    Exams they need
    Predicted results

Interview skills
    Hope this helps
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The pros and cons thread is what you are asking for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.