Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so we're doing legislations right now, and they wanted us to come up with advantages and disadvantages for each one... (????)

These are the ones I've had trouble coming up with:
    -Equal Pay Act -1 Advantages & 2 Disadvantages
    -Employment Rights (Paid holidays, sick pay, etc) -2 Advantages & 2 Disadvantages
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by DianaDom)
    Hi, so we're doing legislations right now, and they wanted us to come up with advantages and disadvantages for each one... (????)

These are the ones I've had trouble coming up with:
    -Equal Pay Act -1 Advantages & 2 Disadvantages
    -Employment Rights (Paid holidays, sick pay, etc) -2 Advantages & 2 Disadvantages
    I'm doing this from memory as I can't be bothered to go and find my notes so don't rely in this fully lol

EPA- pros
    people are more likely to be paid relevant amounts of money depending on their job compared to other people
    cons
    can mean that people are paid less than the quality of their work indicates they should be as they have equal qualifications and this act means they must be paid equally
    can be expensive for employers if they are taken to court over pay

ERA- pros
    employees are more likely to be treated fairly
    less money problems/debt will be caused by lack of pay while off work ill
    cons
    can be costly for the employer to find temporary cover etc. for illness and doubky expensive because they are paying 2 people for only one person's output
    more employees may be needed in a work place to get the same output as before the act came into place because of time being taken off for holidays etc. which people previously wouldn't take due to the cost/ non payment of wages while not at work

HTH

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much =)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by DianaDom)
    Thank you so much =)
    np

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.