Students: What Exam Dreams have you been having lately? Watch

LibertyMan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Whenever exams near (such as now), it's very common for students nationwide to get all sorts of dreams about their exams in their sleep.

Most common ones are about coming late to the exam or missing it entirely, which stems from anxiety of failing it.

What interesting exam dreams have you had?

I'll start:
Spoiler:
Show
I had a dream that on results day, my card was full of non-A level qualifications for random stupid crap like "speaking in class" and even "integrity of principles", and they were all awful grades, of like F, G, H, J and so on. I also only got into my insurance
ATW1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't dream about exams.
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had a dream the other day that I got my results and I did badly. Woke up in a cold sweat and was panicking over it for ages.
LibertyMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
I had a dream the other day that I got my results and I did badly. Woke up in a cold sweat and was panicking over it for ages.
Yeah, it really makes you realise how it might feel to fail doesn't it? You don't really imagine the scale of it until you experience it and the dream gives you a sneak peak experience.

(Original post by ATW1)
They're common, but their frequency per person is fairly rare, I only got 1 or 2 last year. But I suppose it doesn't happen to everyone either.
zahlicious
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had a dream where the invigilator was Drake and he told us to stop what we're doing, tore our exam papers and started dancing to "Hotline Bling". He then sat down, put his feet on my table and we just talked about rabbits for some reason. The best thing was, I got an A* on that paper...
dalegeorge1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Had a dream where I forgot to answer all the A questions on my RE exam and listened to others talking about what they put down as their definitions
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LibertyMan)
Yeah, it really makes you realise how it might feel to fail doesn't it? You don't really imagine the scale of it until you experience it and the dream gives you a sneak peak experience.
*peek

But yeah fingers crossed I haven't done badly. The lowest I've had in all my subjects have been Cs.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
well this wasnt my dream but my geography teacher told me she dreamt about me getting Us!!!! lol
Federerr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yesterday, I had a dream on the Maths exam I did a week ago.

There was this 5 marker circle theorum question and my sister was nagging me to revise them but I couldn't be bothered. I had a dream that I got the wrong answer and in my dream I was trying out all the possible methods lol. I woke up, went to my desk and re-created what I did in the exam and then checked the unofficial mark scheme. Luckily i fricken got it right!
Arima
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Had a dream where i was in the exam hall and i have a set of 20+ pens and NONE of them worked. Then as i was trying to squeeze out a bit of ink, my exam paper just???? started flying???? and no one did anything. They just sat there heads down while their papers turned into mini aeroplanes and took off. The desks were all being cluttered too, scattered in randomly in the hall.. and the hall wasn't even the one in my current school, it was in the school i attended 3 years ago... hm....
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have loads of nightmares during exam season. The last dream I remember I was so late to my exam I decided not to wear my uniform to the exam. I was so stressed about being disqualified for not wearing my uniform lmao
OGGUS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That the exam was really hard and that i hadn't revised chemistry depth paper
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I dream (should I say have a nightmare) about exam results sometimes. I wake up in the morning actually believing that my dream actually happened and now need to look for alternatives. Fortunately, I still have time
M14B
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ATW1)
Good for you
LibertyMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Federerr)
Yesterday, I had a dream on the Maths exam I did a week ago.

There was this 5 marker circle theorum question and my sister was nagging me to revise them but I couldn't be bothered. I had a dream that I got the wrong answer and in my dream I was trying out all the possible methods lol. I woke up, went to my desk and re-created what I did in the exam and then checked the unofficial mark scheme. Luckily i fricken got it right!
LOL I can imagine your panic after waking up and while loading the mark scheme up

(Original post by Arima)
Had a dream where i was in the exam hall and i have a set of 20+ pens and NONE of them worked. Then as i was trying to squeeze out a bit of ink, my exam paper just???? started flying???? and no one did anything. They just sat there heads down while their papers turned into mini aeroplanes and took off. The desks were all being cluttered too, scattered in randomly in the hall.. and the hall wasn't even the one in my current school, it was in the school i attended 3 years ago... hm....
(Original post by zaggalicious)
I had a dream where the invigilator was Drake and he told us to stop what we're doing, tore our exam papers and started dancing to "Hotline Bling". He then sat down, put his feet on my table and we just talked about rabbits for some reason. The best thing was, I got an A* on that paper...
These are great :rofl: , keep them coming
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's very rare that I ever get dreams related to anything in real life I'm going through. Exam dreams are something I've never experienced, unless you count the one where I ran out of a geography classroom where an exam may or may not have been taking place, ran off down the road, got caught by year 7s outside doing fieldwork, became best m8s with a year 7 girl, and then met shaved Cumbrian Dumbledore and swam in a poison lake...
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That I forgot about my M2 exam. Now I have reminders everywhere :laugh: The irony is though, M2 happens on the same day as my birthday so I'd expect that to be the easiest to remember but I also forgot that so...
aamirac
Report 3 years ago
That I wrote my exam with invisible ink so that when it came to marking, there was nothing to mark and then the whole appeal process and witness statements from the invigilators saying I did actually write stuff down in the exam. :s:
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I dunno I don't really dream about exams I try put it out of my mind. Don't get the best of sleeps though as even if I set my alarm I end up waking up to check my phone multiple times as I'm scared it won't go off haha. Just one left for me now on the 7th anyway then first year of uni done. Sticking around until 12th though as got summer social on 10 which looks mad then euros 11th although I liked watching it a pub at home usually where there's a proper atmosphere uni bars just don't have that edge #rant #spiel
flyingpanda
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't really dream about exams

But months ago I had a dream about results day, where instead of getting the As I want, I got Cs and Ds. Turns out, it was a premonition (probably).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.56%
No I am happy with my course choice (535)
59.44%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.22%

Watched Threads