Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    History:Medicine paper :I'm stuck with the structure of the 12 and 16 markers? Can anyone give me tips/model answers please, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck on all of them, I've asked a friend to send me their info on it, as I have a terrible teacher, I'll post it on here in a minute

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the late reply, my friend had the wrong sheet, but instead this is how to answer the 12 and 16 markers:

For the overall paragraph structure, they're PIL structures:
    Point
    Information
    Link back to Q, you must do this to get good marks

12 markers:
    3 PIL paragraphs, with an intro giving a brief overview of the topic, and a conclusion giving your judgement, e.g. The evidence suggests that the main reason as to why Galen's teachings on the four humours continued to be so important in the treatment of illness until the 18th Century is that the Roman Catholic Chruch promoted his ideas. this is because.....

16 markers:
    4 PIL paragraphs, but with an argument this time, so the q might be something like: "Public Health improved after 1840 due to the work of Edwin Chadwick" Do you agree, explain. And your first point might agree: Public Health improved after 1840 due to Edwin Chadwick's report, published in 1842. And then you'd explain why you think this, giving evidence. and then link back to q, and then for the next paragraph, you'd do one against, giving another factor for it, such as the government - Public Health Acts, Great Stink which led to stone sewers from Bazalgette. and then 3rd para for Chadwick, using another piece of evidence, and then 4th para against again.
    Then you have an intro and a conclusion. The intro in this example would explain BRIEFLY who Chadwick was, and what he did. The conclusion, would be something like: The evidence suggests that there were other factors involved which improved Public Health after 1840, such as the government which introduced the NHS and this improved public health by....

REMEMBER to plan before you write, and also check SPaG, and also only include info about the time period, if it says in the question about Public Health in the 20th Century, only include stuff about 20th Century Public health, not before or after, unless it says so. I know this sounds so simple, but its what drops marks apparently.

Hope I could help, and good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    (Original post by ZestyDirector)
    History:Medicine paper :I'm stuck with the structure of the 12 and 16 markers? Can anyone give me tips/model answers please, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know how to do the first 3 questions? I don't have anything on them....

ReputationRep:
    Btw do you guys know the structure for this exam? Is it 8 marks, 6 marks, 8 marks, 12 marks then 16 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bytheseasons)
    Btw do you guys know the structure for this exam? Is it 8 marks, 6 marks, 8 marks, 12 marks then 16 marks?
    a bit late but yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Hof123)
    a bit late but yeah
    thanks for the reply anyway

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.