Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've done a couple past papers and watched Mr Bruff. Any other ways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himtiaz)
    I'm revising for GCSE English too, just try to make it as effective as possible and most marks, know what examiners want ... that about it becuase its your main language.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Eng Lang too, the best way how I revise is that you need to do lots of past papers and mark them with the mark schemes. This will give you an indication of where you are in terms of the Bands and marks.
    Keep going through the skills for each question.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Just know what examiners want and write fast thats all. Just read examiner reports maybe THATS IT. I know im doing hardly any revision for language as their is hardly any to do.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you know the whole setting out of the exam. Eg Q1 might be inference or Q3 structural analysis. (I did this last year but I can't remember the actual specifics for each question)

I'd just say practice, maybe try and get your teacher to mark a few questions you've done from past papers. At this point you should have accumulated a variety of skills over the past two years and are ready to put them into practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    I'm doing Eng Lang too, the best way how I revise is that you need to do lots of past papers and mark them with the mark schemes. This will give you an indication of where you are in terms of the Bands and marks.
    Keep going through the skills for each question.

Hope this helps
    What do you mean by skills?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by skills?
    Okay so basically you know for every question on the Lang paper, it requires you to answer the question. For example Q1 asks you to infer, Q2- how headline is effective and so on.

In other words how you write.

Are you doing AQA btw?

ReputationRep:
    Okay so basically you know for every question on the Lang paper, it requires you to answer the question. For example Q1 asks you to infer, Q2- how headline is effective and so on.

In other words how you write.

Are you doing AQA btw?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Yeah
    Same, how'd you find Eng Lit exam. Did you do OMAM and AIC?

ReputationRep:
    Same, how'd you find Eng Lit exam. Did you do OMAM and AIC?
    I did OMAM and LOTF. The OMAM extract was a wierd one. How'd you find the poetry?

ReputationRep:
    I did OMAM and LOTF. The OMAM extract was a wierd one. How'd you find the poetry?
    OMG Same here, the extract, i hated it. I mean Why the Death of Lennie? So annoying. But i like the other questions about Dreams, I think i picked up most of the marks

Poetry was a blessing, I love Poetry, How was yours?

ReputationRep:
    OMG Same here, the extract, i hated it. I mean Why the Death of Lennie? So annoying. But i like the other questions about Dreams, I think i picked up most of the marks

Poetry was a blessing, I love Poetry, How was yours?
    Didn't spend enough time on the unseen. Otherwise I think it went quite well

ReputationRep:
    Didn't spend enough time on the unseen. Otherwise I think it went quite well
    Oh i hates the Unseen poetry, I didn't really understand it. I didn't even know what they were talking about
    How's your Language prep going?
    I like Section B better than A

ReputationRep:
    Oh i hates the Unseen poetry, I didn't really understand it. I didn't even know what they were talking about
    How's your Language prep going?
    I like Section B better than A
    Same. Section B is more relaxing. i can't be bothered to do more past papers so i'm just annotating the sources then checking the mark scheme to see if i got all the points.

ReputationRep:
    Same. Section B is more relaxing. i can't be bothered to do more past papers so i'm just annotating the sources then checking the mark scheme to see if i got all the points.
    Lol yes same. The most possible reason why I got an A for Eng Lang for the mocks was mainly due to Section B. Sometimes I don't understand the sources in Section A

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the question for Section A and B might be about on Of Mice and Men???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.