Himtiaz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've done a couple past papers and watched Mr Bruff. Any other ways?
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Himtiaz)
I'm revising for GCSE English too, just try to make it as effective as possible and most marks, know what examiners want ... that about it becuase its your main language.
Tasnia'x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Eng Lang too, the best way how I revise is that you need to do lots of past papers and mark them with the mark schemes. This will give you an indication of where you are in terms of the Bands and marks.
Keep going through the skills for each question.

Hope this helps
Arcaddia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just know what examiners want and write fast thats all. Just read examiner reports maybe THATS IT. I know im doing hardly any revision for language as their is hardly any to do.
flyingpanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Make sure you know the whole setting out of the exam. Eg Q1 might be inference or Q3 structural analysis. (I did this last year but I can't remember the actual specifics for each question)

I'd just say practice, maybe try and get your teacher to mark a few questions you've done from past papers. At this point you should have accumulated a variety of skills over the past two years and are ready to put them into practice.
Himtiaz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tasnia'x)
I'm doing Eng Lang too, the best way how I revise is that you need to do lots of past papers and mark them with the mark schemes. This will give you an indication of where you are in terms of the Bands and marks.
Keep going through the skills for each question.

Hope this helps
What do you mean by skills?
Tasnia'x
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you mean by skills?
Okay so basically you know for every question on the Lang paper, it requires you to answer the question. For example Q1 asks you to infer, Q2- how headline is effective and so on.

In other words how you write.

Are you doing AQA btw?
Himtiaz
Rep:
?
Okay so basically you know for every question on the Lang paper, it requires you to answer the question. For example Q1 asks you to infer, Q2- how headline is effective and so on.

In other words how you write.

Are you doing AQA btw?
Yeah
Tasnia'x
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah
Same, how'd you find Eng Lit exam. Did you do OMAM and AIC?
Himtiaz
Rep:
?
Same, how'd you find Eng Lit exam. Did you do OMAM and AIC?
I did OMAM and LOTF. The OMAM extract was a wierd one. How'd you find the poetry?
Tasnia'x
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did OMAM and LOTF. The OMAM extract was a wierd one. How'd you find the poetry?
OMG Same here, the extract, i hated it. I mean Why the Death of Lennie? So annoying. But i like the other questions about Dreams, I think i picked up most of the marks

Poetry was a blessing, I love Poetry, How was yours?
Himtiaz
Rep:
?
OMG Same here, the extract, i hated it. I mean Why the Death of Lennie? So annoying. But i like the other questions about Dreams, I think i picked up most of the marks

Poetry was a blessing, I love Poetry, How was yours?
Didn't spend enough time on the unseen. Otherwise I think it went quite well
Tasnia'x
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Didn't spend enough time on the unseen. Otherwise I think it went quite well
Oh i hates the Unseen poetry, I didn't really understand it. I didn't even know what they were talking about
How's your Language prep going?
I like Section B better than A
Himtiaz
Rep:
?
Oh i hates the Unseen poetry, I didn't really understand it. I didn't even know what they were talking about
How's your Language prep going?
I like Section B better than A
Same. Section B is more relaxing. i can't be bothered to do more past papers so i'm just annotating the sources then checking the mark scheme to see if i got all the points.
Tasnia'x
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same. Section B is more relaxing. i can't be bothered to do more past papers so i'm just annotating the sources then checking the mark scheme to see if i got all the points.
Lol yes same. The most possible reason why I got an A for Eng Lang for the mocks was mainly due to Section B. Sometimes I don't understand the sources in Section A
Annabelle Jordan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you think the question for Section A and B might be about on Of Mice and Men???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads