The Student Room Group

How to revise for English Language?

I've done a couple past papers and watched Mr Bruff. Any other ways?
Original post by Himtiaz
I've done a couple past papers and watched Mr Bruff. Any other ways?

I'm revising for GCSE English too, just try to make it as effective as possible and most marks, know what examiners want ... that about it becuase its your main language.
Reply 2
Just know what examiners want and write fast thats all. Just read examiner reports maybe THATS IT. I know im doing hardly any revision for language as their is hardly any to do.
Make sure you know the whole setting out of the exam. Eg Q1 might be inference or Q3 structural analysis. (I did this last year but I can't remember the actual specifics for each question)

I'd just say practice, maybe try and get your teacher to mark a few questions you've done from past papers. At this point you should have accumulated a variety of skills over the past two years and are ready to put them into practice.
Reply 4
What do you mean by skills?
Reply 5
Yeah
Reply 6
I did OMAM and LOTF. The OMAM extract was a wierd one. How'd you find the poetry?
Reply 7
Didn't spend enough time on the unseen. Otherwise I think it went quite well
Reply 8
Same. Section B is more relaxing. i can't be bothered to do more past papers so i'm just annotating the sources then checking the mark scheme to see if i got all the points.
What do you think the question for Section A and B might be about on Of Mice and Men???

Quick Reply

Latest