Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student finance living with 2 people at home but only sending one persons finance inf Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what happens if you've put down you live with two people at home but only send them one persons finance info, and also what happens if neither parent send there finance info into them and they both refuse to?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You'll be non income assessed I do believe. Both people have to provide details if you live with them.

ReputationRep:
    so if they have both refused I would still get something? I'm really panicking, my mum refused to give both info, as my step dad doesn't support me financially but the application said I had to put down who I live with (my dad kicked me out 2 weeks before uni last year which is why I've had to change everything)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Yes, you'd get the non income assessed part of the loan, plus tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googlecookie)
    so if they have both refused I would still get something? I'm really panicking, my mum refused to give both info, as my step dad doesn't support me financially but the application said I had to put down who I live with (my dad kicked me out 2 weeks before uni last year which is why I've had to change everything)
    Yes. You'll get the minimum non income assessed loan.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...-time-students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.