Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm only 30 and was recently sent to hospital by my GP because my blood pressure was "dangerously high" (180/100). I had some other things going on as well, so I guess he was doing the right thing by erring on the side of caution.

A couple more visits to the surgery and my pressures were still too high so it was decided I should start taking Ramipril. Fortunately, a fairly comprehensive round of blood tests revealed nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm a bit disturbed at having to take this sort of medication at my age though. And as far as I know, this is a long term treatment.

I'm not saying I've lived my life like a saint, but I'm hardly Keith Richards.

Just need to vent.

Cheers, ta.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm only 30 and was recently sent to hospital by my GP because my blood pressure was "dangerously high" (180/100). I had some other things going on as well, so I guess he was doing the right thing by erring on the side of caution.

A couple more visits to the surgery and my pressures were still too high so it was decided I should start taking Ramipril. Fortunately, a fairly comprehensive round of blood tests revealed nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm a bit disturbed at having to take this sort of medication at my age though. And as far as I know, this is a long term treatment.

I'm not saying I've lived my life like a saint, but I'm hardly Keith Richards.

Just need to vent.

Cheers, ta.
    Sorry to hear :/ at the beginning of my illness sort of cfs and depression/anxiety and everything under the sun my blood pressure went very high not as high as yours though. I was 23 at the time. But it came down gradually as I rested and had cbt who knows in times of stress it probably is up again but that's normal.

So what has your lifestyle been like? Your blood pressure may come down. Are you under a lot of stress do you have any other physical or mental health conditions?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 6, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.