The Student Room Group

black to blonde best way

Hi everyone
so i have thick black hair (asian origin) and i want to get this to blonde. I have tried this on previous occasions at salons, once was bleached which basically turned out orange/yellow. The second time i went to another salon asking for ombre from black to brown to blonde which was slightly better but not what i was aiming for. I went to a few different salons the other day and they basically said it wouldn't work out. However i watched a youtube video (i know this is not the best thing to go by) and a girl of asian origin had bought champagne blonde hair dye and dyed her black hair using that and it turned out brown. Therefore i was wondering if i did this and then after hopefully when it turned out brown bought another slightly darker blonde shade would it go to blonde? Obviously i would wait a week or so in between each dye. Has anyone had experience with this sort of thing.
Same here-but I bleached my whole head...and then had the ombre effect by dying the top of my hair brown...so it was black (my natural hair-roots were growing) to brown to blonde at the bottom...

Answer to ur question-yes that would work, I've done it before!!
Reply 2
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Same here-but I bleached my whole head...and then had the ombre effect by dying the top of my hair brown...so it was black (my natural hair-roots were growing) to brown to blonde at the bottom...

Answer to ur question-yes that would work, I've done it before!!

okay thank you, the bleaching incident was about 2 years ago but i can still feel the effects of it! i would have left mine if it was blonde at the bottom but mine goes from black to brown to basically orange so i want it all one colour now :/ do you recommend buying a temporary champagne blonde as opposed to a permanent one because i would only be leaving it for about a week before dying it a darker shade of blonde again. And im also worried that because of my ombre it wont go all brown when i dye it the first time.
Original post by r-t
okay thank you, the bleaching incident was about 2 years ago but i can still feel the effects of it! i would have left mine if it was blonde at the bottom but mine goes from black to brown to basically orange so i want it all one colour now :/ do you recommend buying a temporary champagne blonde as opposed to a permanent one because i would only be leaving it for about a week before dying it a darker shade of blonde again. And im also worried that because of my ombre it wont go all brown when i dye it the first time.

I definitely do not recommend dying your hair after a week-it damages the hair...maybe 2-3 weeks in between each colour change....and yes temporary is better...I never stick to permanent!
Reply 4
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
I definitely do not recommend dying your hair after a week-it damages the hair...maybe 2-3 weeks in between each colour change....and yes temporary is better...I never stick to permanent!

okay thanks, for the final colour i would by permanent if i liked it though but yeh temporary is better for now. Thanks for the help.
Original post by r-t
okay thanks, for the final colour i would by permanent if i liked it though but yeh temporary is better for now. Thanks for the help.

Absolutely...no worries, your welcome-hope you get the colour you wanted!!

Quick Reply

Latest