Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I might be going on holiday for the first 10 days back of university, I'll be going into my second year.

Would I get in trouble? Or will they not care if I tell them?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Ceriidwen)
    I might be going on holiday for the first 10 days back of university, I'll be going into my second year.

Does your uni course have an attendance requirement or are there any assessments that week? It's probably not great missing introductory lectures but i can't say you'd definitely get in trouble.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Going into second year isn't too bad - at least you know your course and the people on your course. It's down to you how much it effects you - depends how much you'll miss and what not. At the end of the day - the university doesn't really care if you're there or not, it's your decision - what they do care about is their grades, attendence and statistics. They have to reach so much - so as someone has said, if there is an attendence quota then it could be bad.

ReputationRep:
    Why not just go 10 days earlier? Or reading week, Christmas or Easter?

ReputationRep:

Given that you get around half the year off they wouldn't be happy if you told them you were going- and it does seem silly to go away during term time when you do have so long off.
    However whether you actually get into trouble would depend on your university policy- some are more strict than others about attendance.

ReputationRep:

you win't get EC if you miss anything important because you should know the term dates you won't get in trouble but it's not a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't. Given that second year actually counts toward your degree, I'd stick to the months and months you have off uni the rest of the year?...

ReputationRep:
    You no doubt have AT LEAST 4 months (probably nearer 5-5.5) of the year off of uni, and you choose the first 10 days of a year that counts towards your degree to go on holiday?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.