Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have no clue how to do this question i seem to me doing to wrong, so to find the mean i added the number and divided it by 5 but it seems to be wrongName:  Untitled 111.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  166.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    For student four there is an obvious anomalous result that must be excluded when calculating the mean so only divide by four

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the answer is just 3, add all the numbers up for each row and divide the answer by 5 for each of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeah1106)
    i have no clue how to do this question i seem to me doing to wrong, so to find the mean i added the number and divided it by 5 but it seems to be wrongName:  Untitled 111.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  166.9 KB
    What's the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RKM21)
    What's the answer?
    b is the answer

ReputationRep:
    Well if you start looking at anomalous results, 2, 3 and 4 would all be correct means... Strange that there is no option for 2, 3 and 4.

ReputationRep:
    I think is has something to do with the significance level, as you can't be more accurate than the data you have. but i'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkyone)
    Well if you start looking at anomalous results, 2, 3 and 4 would all be correct means... Strange that there is no option for 2, 3 and 4.
    Not 100% but I think why they didn't put 4 is because it has a decimal point.You can't have half a bubble and our teacher always tells us our results and mean has to be to the same precision so for the mean of student 4 to be correct they would need to round it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Help needed xoxo)
    Not 100% but I think why they didn't put 4 is because it has a decimal point.You can't have half a bubble and our teacher always tells us our results and mean has to be to the same precision so for the mean of student 4 to be correct they would need to round it.
    That would make sense actually

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.