The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How much can you spend and how long have you been together?

It's to base my answer on, like...
feedtheflamingo
Hey all. I'm useless at this sort of thing so I thought I would seek advice.

My girlfriend is going away to Eastern Europe for a month on Sunday and I want to get her a present, just to say have a nice trip and to tell her that I'll miss her! I can't think of anything to get her... something that would benefit her on her travels perhaps?

get a ticket and go with her. Just imagine her face .... :eek: :biggrin:
feedtheflamingo

My girlfriend is going away to Eastern Europe for a month on Sunday and I want to get her a present, just to say have a nice trip and to tell her that I'll miss her! I can't think of anything to get her... something that would benefit her on her travels perhaps?

Get a model of your erect penis made, for those 'lonely' nights
Get her something related to eastern europe, that she'll appreciate having when she's there.

Or be boring and get something like flowers. Or, as thenarbisbanned suggested a dildo/model of your penis.
Reply 5
Maybe a bracelet? Something she can look at and be reminded of you is always good. A nicely bound diary she can record her experiences in? It depends on her really. As Hayley asked, how long have you been together and how much do you want to spend?
Reply 6
I tried the whole cast of the penis thing.... it seems I'm allergic to plaster of paris...

We've been going out for about 3 months and I haven't got much to spend :s-smilie:

I quite like that diary idea!
Reply 7
Perhaps something she could use on holiday? Perhaps a book she can read whilst on the beach/before going to sleep.
feedtheflamingo
I tried the whole cast of the penis thing.... it seems I'm allergic to plaster of paris...

We've been going out for about 3 months and I haven't got much to spend :s-smilie:

lol did you really try that? SICKO
Reply 9
feedtheflamingo

Hmm, well elaborating on the diary thing, in WHSmiths recently I saw something they called a 'travel box', decorated with black and white images and with enough space for trinkets and reminders of a trip. It also contained a diary-type book with itinerary pages and memory pages. You could either buy her something like that, or make something similiar (eg. buy a nice diary and make your own travel box for her to keep momentos in). Or, you can't go wrong if just buy her a really nice diary and write a message on the inside cover saying how much you'll be thinking of her and missing her :smile: It'll remind her of you everytime she opens it up. Hope that helps a bit, shouldn't be too expensive but it'll seem really thoughtful.
Reply 10
If it helps she is going inter-railing. I like that diary idea, she can write in it on long train journeys. Where would I get a nice one?

.....It seems I'm not so allergic to rubber....
Reply 11
feedtheflamingo
If it helps she is going inter-railing. I like that diary idea, she can write in it on long train journeys. Where would I get a nice one?

Try a big WHSmiths maybe, or any gift shops in your area and see what you can find :smile: I've tended to find the nicest things in those random shops full of different presents and trinkets but any large stationers or department stores are worth a look too. Hopefully she'll love it, especially if you write a message inside it that she can read when she misses you. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 12
Cool, I'm really liking this idea!!!
Reply 13
feedtheflamingo
Cool, I'm really liking this idea!!!

Yay! :smile: Glad I could help! I'm sure she'll really appreciate you getting her anything at all though :smile: Let us know how you get on!
Reply 14
I think for a bit of a joke I'll get her a travel boardgame as well!
Reply 15
feedtheflamingo

Not a bad idea actually, I bet she'll actually use it after the novelty of long train journeys has worn off too! See, you don't even need our help :wink:
feedtheflamingo

:rolleyes: Get guess who
Reply 17
Guess who so wouldn't work! Everytime the train went over a bump all the faces would fall down!
feedtheflamingo
Guess who so wouldn't work! Everytime the train went over a bump all the faces would fall down!

thats true. :rolleyes: what about connect 4?
feedtheflamingo

Get her a tamegothi or a gameboy with some RPGs, they will fair her over a long time.

Latest

Trending

Trending