The Student Room Group

Why can I not be happy single?

Seriously how do I do this. I'm sick of being attracted to jerks who are arrogant and manipulating. They get bored of me and treat me like nothing. I don't know how to be happy on my own since I don't even have friends to stay busy with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's difficult to find someone if you don't really have friends to begin with :s-smilie:

I think, first things first, find some friends. And who knows, one of those might be a guy trying to get your interest, or if they really interest you you can ask them out.
Original post by Justfedup
Seriously how do I do this. I'm sick of being attracted to jerks who are arrogant and manipulating. They get bored of me and treat me like nothing. I don't know how to be happy on my own since I don't even have friends to stay busy with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we've all been there at some point, just have to learn to love yourself!
Your self esteem is probably quite low. Try to build your self-esteem through reading books on the subject, listening to affirmations (you can google 'self-esteem affirmations' on youtube) and possibly collecting some nice self-esteem quotes? This will probably take time and is not easy, but is worth doing.

Then you can working on meeting new people and finding some friends - possibly through study, work or shared interest groups that you can join (all easier said than done, I know :redface:). But you shouldn't just try meeting new people if your self-esteem is still low, otherwise you'd end up with the wrong people or ruin relationships with the right ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending