Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it is going to be hard having them on the same day?
    Are you allowed to leave the room to look at some notes after the first one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, do we start the Unit 3 paper straight away after finishing the Unit 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did it last year and we did them one after another, we had a 5 minute break in between B2&3 to go to the toilet if we wished but we had to go with an invigilator otherwise we were not allowed to leave the room, had to stay in our seats and remain in silence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    I did it last year and we did them one after another, we had a 5 minute break in between B2&3 to go to the toilet if we wished but we had to go with an invigilator otherwise we were not allowed to leave the room, had to stay in our seats and remain in silence
    Which one did you perform better on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DatSmartGuy)
    Which one did you perform better on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    B3 I got nearly full marks (I think I was 1 mark of full UMS if I remember properly) ALL my unit 3's went better than my unit 2&1's

ReputationRep:
    we can't go out of the room, but i think we sit in the hall and wait for people with extra time

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep we can't leave the exam hall! They literally hand us B3 after we have finished B2.

ReputationRep:
    B3 I got nearly full marks (I think I was 1 mark of full UMS if I remember properly) ALL my unit 3's went better than my unit 2&1's
    Wow well done! Did you feel like unit 3 was easier than unit 2 and unit1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Wow well done! Did you feel like unit 3 was easier than unit 2 and unit1?
    Yeah all my 3's were a lot easier but that's because I enjoyed unit 3 the most

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had this in June 2014 (still can't believe AQA haven't sorted the timings out - at least you do unit 1 before unit 2 and 3 because we did unit 2 and 3 first) but yeah, they pretty much collect up the exam papers and hand out the next ones immediately after

ReputationRep:
    Yeah all my 3's were a lot easier but that's because I enjoyed unit 3 the most
    Yeah same unit 3 is definitely the most interesting, unit 2 is alright and unit 1 is a pile of ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Yeah same unit 3 is definitely the most interesting, unit 2 is alright and unit 1 is a pile of ****.
    Agree but I still liked Bio enough to do it at A-Level and I now want to do biomedicine so..

ReputationRep:
    Agree but I still liked Bio enough to do it at A-Level and I now want to do biomedicine so..
    what did you get overall?

ReputationRep:
    What's the major difference in medicine and biomedicine, if you dont mind me asking? Is it more patient contact in medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    What's the major difference in medicine and biomedicine, if you dont mind me asking? Is it more patient contact in medicine?
    Biomedicine is very much like medicine but without the patient contact element. So a lot of it is very similar but your career would be focused most likely in the labs whereas with medicine you become a doctor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello654321)
    what did you get overall?
    I ended up with an A and missed an A* because my coursework was a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    Biomed is less patient contact, more lab work and a shorter degree

ReputationRep:
    I ended up with an A and missed an A* because my coursework was a B
    well done and tbh i hate ISAs i prefer exams as the only part of a course.

ReputationRep:
    its in the revision guide but not on the spec.. do i meed to know how biogas generators work (page 94 of revision guide)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.